[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechanics joyriding in your car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Miura IMG_0504.jpg (450KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Miura IMG_0504.jpg
450KB, 1600x1066px
How to avoid it:

Avoid buying sportscars from scrub brands that sell normalfag cars (Mercedes, Dodge, Nissan, Audi, Ford, Lexus, Chevrolet, etc)

If you are buying a sportscar and want to ensure some retard mechanic isn't going to blow his over your car and tard out in it buy a premium brand. A Porsche dealer won't freak out when a 911 GT3, a 993 Turbo, or a 918 enter. A Ferrari dealer won't look twice at your 488 GTB, 288 GTO, or 599 GTB Fiorano.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/05/customer-drops-off-2016-corvette-z06-for-oil-change-dealer-adds-150-joyride-miles/
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/dash-cam-video-shows-alleged-audi-techs-palo-alto-joyride-in-customers-car/
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/american-muscle/66637-where-does-one-get-ford-gt-serviced.html
https://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/27/texas-mans-gt-r-taken-for-joyride-by-tow-truck-driver/
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/644544-From-Oil-Change-to-Nightmare....Viper-Crashed-by-a-Dealership
http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-catches-mechanic-taking-apparent-joyride-limited-edition/story?id=49641060
http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/watch-these-dealership-employees-thrash-some-dudes-must-1614852685
>>
>>17843497
>How to avoid it
Use a reputable mechanic you can trust not to joyride your goddamn car.
>>
>>17843497
Stop being a shitcunt and service it yourself
>>
>>17843497
The common thing here seems to be america, too.
Don't want people to see use of your car as a perk? Don't live in a country that doesn't respect others or their property.
Super simple stuff.
>>
>>17843497
As a mechanic, I can tell you we don't joyride.
The only time I drive a customer's car is to verify a complaint or to confirm that a repair is successful. We get paid for the work we perform, not for driving.
Time = money. Every mechanic knows that if you waste your time dicking around you'll have a pretty meager check at the end of the week.
>>
>>17845703
Serious people are busy earning money, also I don't have the know-how to fix my hybrid XC90.
>>
>>17843497
You are a huge paranoid shitdickhead.
>>
>>17846880
This may blow your mind, but I have full time job and service my own car. It's just a couple of hours on a Sunday.
>>
>>17848175
Your car probably isn't a hybrid XC90
>>
>>17848256
Shouldn't have brought such a heap of shit then, senpai.
>>
>>17848303
Who you replied to wasn't me though (the Volvo owner). You're being really demagogic though, if everyone would try to do everything in their lives without the help of anyone else, we would still pretty much live in the stone age. I'm really sure you can't fix everything on your car, you can't make new batteries, cannot fix the windshield or don't have the expensive equipment to properly fix damages and deformations in your rims. Or you can't fix a fucking hybrid engine, automatic transmission and fucking space shuttle electronics like in my Volvo which wasn't quite worth the price but fuck it, I love that stupid yacht.
>>
>>17846883
At least I'm not a broke cunt who joyrides other's property.
>>
>>17848665
Why are you even on /o/ then? I'm not taking about major repairs here, m8. I'm talking a service.
>>
>>17848665
>this assmad over his pile of garbage mom car
Lol why?
>>
>>17846876
As a mechanic at a performance car shop, I do. I'm also paid straight time. I go on half hour road tests sometimes. I don't ABUSE cars on road tests, I just drive them like I drive my cars.
>>
I'd wring out a 288 GTO if one came in. It's not that I would do it for my own pleasure, sometimes a car comes in and it obviously just sits in a garage and the owner starts it once a month and revs it to 3k RPM max or limps it from the trailer to a golf course for a Concours. Great cars were not meant to suffer a fate like that.
>>
>sportscars from scrub brands that sell normalfag cars

Never understood the appeal of those cars. What do they do that a Lamborghini, Lotus or McLaren couldn't? Its not like they are more reliable.
>>
>>17849208
>I don't ABUSE cars on road tests, I just drive them like I drive my cars.
This. Hell, more often than not I drive customers' cars more gingerly than the customers do. I went on a test drive with a particularly difficult customer one time because he said his car accelerated like shit (but it felt fine to me).
We turn out onto the main road and the first thing he does is floor it (on a 35mph road, mind you). I never took it above 1/2 throttle because why would I when I'm driving around town?
As it turned out both his cats had melted due to other problems he left unresolved for several months.

As far as actual distance goes, the longest I'll usually test drive a car is a bit over 8 miles. That's hardly a joyride.
>>
>>17849208
>>17849372
People abuse rental cars too because it doesn't belong to them. That's how some people are so there is nothing wrong with being proactive about it
>>
File: 1412830339904.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1412830339904.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>17846876
nice try MIDF
>>
>>17848798
So if we assume that mechanics sometimes indeed joyride a car, what's the difference between bringing it in for a service or maintenance or a larger scale repair?
>>17848902
Why would I be mad lmao, are you this retarded on a social level that you can't spot a normal conversation?
>>
>>17851008
What about your car makes it so special it cant be touched by your tools? ive worked on my own lexus, bmw, nissan, and other people's fords and chevys and stuff, the only difference is metric vs SAE. and additional tools based on the MFG, like an e-torx set for my bmw.

you're not going to run into any issues replacing a control arm on your "spaceship" nancy.

not the person you are replying to btw

nor is this thread really for you, because you shouldn't be worried about mechanics joyriding in that kind of car
>>
>>17851008
Wouldn't know cause I fix everything myself.
>>
>>17843497
You really can't prevent people joyriding, the best you can do is take note of how many km you've done when you bring it in, and confront people if they've taken it out during a routine service.
>>
What happens if a mechanic gets into an accident while they test drive your car?

does insurance cover it?
>>
File: IMG_1759.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1759.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>17845703
>>17846880
>>17848256
This thread is fucking gold ahahaha
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.