[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

used car buying stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1452666520129.jpg (9KB, 262x312px) Image search: [Google]
1452666520129.jpg
9KB, 262x312px
>friend asks me to go with her to look at a car
>2004 Jeep owned by another college girl asking $3000
>meet them in wallmart parking lot, already hate when people won't just meet at their house
>check out car, brakes and rotors are shot, tires very worn and starting to dry rot, all suspension bushings worn out. dirty inside and out despite the girl saying she just cleaned it
>no codes, drive it, drives like bounce house, makes weird noise when shifting into drive, everything inside is sticky
>i tell my friend it drives like shit, definitely not worth it, she doesn't even want to drive it at this point
>I tell girls all the issues I saw, but I offer $1500 anyways just to see
>instantly girl and her friend get very defensive, "my dad is a mechanic and has done everything on this car, you don't know what you're talking about ect."
>Tell her that's our offer, it's okay if we don't agree on a price, no harm in walking away from the deal
>She says the lowest she could do was $1900, she calls her dad and makes me talk to him, basically screaming how he replaced the brakes in april, give him same offer, he says he won't let her sell it for less than $2500
>we just walk away from it, girls friend gets extremely passive aggressive and gives me a "tip" for the next time I buy a car to not be "condescending" to the sellers.
>Laugh extremely hard. Leave and go to dinner with friend
>after we finish eating friend gets text from girl saying she'll drive to our uni and sell her the car for $2600 with her mechanic dad since I have no idea what I'm talking about
>just reply "no thanks"
>>
cool blog
>>
>>17840549
Why do women love jeeps? And shitty cars in general?
And WHY do people feel the need to lie when selling a vehicle?

I suppose it's possible the brakes were done 6 months ago and are now shot, if it's being driven by a woman in the city, she's probably dragging the brakes everywhere and slamming them on to stop.
>>
>>17840558
dont be rude!

>>17840549
Ive only ever bought one car but I think it went ok

>go look at mr2 out of sydney
>meet, check out the car, he wanted 10,000 for it
>good condition, little rust, hes taken good care of it
>hes really cute, blond hair, green eyes, slightly muscular
>flirt with him
>flirt while taking a test drive
>get back to his place
>pounds the fuck out of my boipussi
>cuddle
>buy the car and give him my number
>never calls me back and ignores my texts

I got the mr2 for 8,000 though so its ok
>>
>trying to buy first car, had 11k to throw around after saving for 3 years, wasn't a car guy, didn't discover /o/ yet or figure out what I wanted
>parents take me to a fucking awful car lot, reckon I should save my money instead of blow it on a car
>lemons everywhere
>look around, see a decent condition 7 year old mazda 3, but it's a hatchback and I hate those, and the seats are nasty looking
>dealer comes out, asks what I'm after, say I'm after something sporty with a clean interior, each car I looked at looked like the seats were sun-bleached and stripped down with some kind of acid
>pretty much cuts me off, looks at my mum and asks her what I should get
>she says something along the lines of he's buying, it's his decision
>points me to a fucking $500 toyota starlet and ancient 3k camry with damaged paint and frosted over lights, then back to the mazda 3, it's 8 fucking grand
>walk out and never look back

In retrospect, shitboxes were all they had, and can't really blame him for pedalling them, I was just annoyed that he seemed to think he could con me into buying a heap of shit for 3x what it was worth.
>>
File: WP_20170828_14_59_45_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170828_14_59_45_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17840549
>she's probably dragging the brakes everywhere and slamming them on to stop

Can confirm, my ex used the controlls (clutch, brake and gas pedal, also the steering wheel) like an on/off switch.

Bought a bike a few weeks ago. Brake pads were pic releated. Also called the PO and asked what oil he put in it. Was told 5W40, and that the valves don't need to be adjusted.
>5W40 oil
>valve adjustments unecessary
>it's air cooled
>>
File: $_20 (1).jpg (51KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
$_20 (1).jpg
51KB, 800x600px
HOW TO GET A USED CAR CHEAPER

>find car you like for privet sale (craigslist, public notice, w/e)
>arrange to view car
>go with a friend
>ask if it's okay if you and friend take car for a quick test drive
ONLY WORKS IF SELLER DOES NOT GO WITH YOU
>You and friend get in car
>drive away
>pull over in discreet location
>pop hood
>loosen coil lead or if you've got the tools and time remove a spark plug
>drive car back to seller
>explain that something's wrong with car
>seller may want to drive to see what you're talking about
>tell seller that you're really in love with the car and want to make an offer
>but you're concerned about this mysterious engine issue
>give low ball price
>negotiate a little until deal
>drive car away, reconnect coil/install spark plug
>???
>Profit
This works well with coupes and other two seaters but can also work with other cars as long as the seller doesn't come along.
>>
>>17840632
>ONLY WORKS IF SELLER DOES NOT GO WITH YOU
>not also stripping the seller of his organs
>>
>>17840632
>пpивeт sale
>>
>>17840567
JIMMY
I
M
M
Y
>>
>>17840632
thats a real nigger thing to do, kill urself
>>
>>17840632
going to go do this to cars that I don't even want to buy gives me a reason to get out of the house
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.