[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is car cleaning so therapeutic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Why is car cleaning so therapeutic?
>>
>>17839605
Because there is something seriously wrong with all of us, Anon.
>>
I detailed cars 3 years ago, I still go to the dealership I worked for to wash my car every Sunday and have lunch with my ex coworkers/managers.
>>
It's the one thing in my life that I can easily improve with some time and effort and actually enjoy.
>>
>>17839605
Because your life is massively un-fulfilling otherwise, and your car is the only thing in your life you have real control over?
Because it's the only time you're able to see a job through from start to finish and be sure it's done properly?
Because the feminazis and SJWs have chipped away at every other part of your life, but cleaning your car is one they can't take away from you yet?
>>
>>17839605
something something, wash away the sins
>>
File: 20170908_144937_resized.jpg (323KB, 1498x843px) Image search: [Google]
20170908_144937_resized.jpg
323KB, 1498x843px
Because we're autists and we hate that our beloved automobiles are dirty?
>>
you get to purge the unclean
>>
>>17841291
this
>>
>>17839622
fpbp
>>
>buy great-running awful-smelling car for $500 from a smoker
>strip interior to bare metal - carpets, trim, door panels, seats, insulation and soundproofing, entire dashboard assembly, headliner, as much AC ducting as I can get without removing the condenser - pretty much everything except pedals and steering column
>remove decades of dirt, leaves, coins, french fries, cobwebs, cigarette butts, whataburger receipts, dead bugs of all shapes and sizes, half-eaten breath mints and half-eaten breath mint wrappers, moldy black ice trees, coffee that was spilled before I was born, and all manner of miscellaneous scum from every crevice and crack
>recover at least 2 complete happy meals from inside the dashboard
>replace as much foam as possible
>soak every fastener in alcohol
>scrub every carpet until it's either spotless or worn completely away
>painstakingly toothbrush every sticky moulded plastic piece to perfection, including the inside of AC ducts and blower fan blades, pedals, and the underside of the dash
>scrape melted adhesive residue off of every wire, blow dust out of every connector, pull and check and wipe down every dust-coated relay and fuse and switch
>disassemble every power seat, clean scraps of seat cushioning from every gearbox and motor, scrape gallons of tar-like substance out of the sliding rails, grease everything
>do the same to the power windows and sunroof
>clean under the shift boot, behind the pedals, between the console and tunnel, under the seatbelt spools, practically everywhere that can be reached without cutting metal

>miraculously put it all back together without breaking any plastic
>install floor mats and don't allow eating or drinking in my car so this shit never happens again
It now doesn't smell at all, even after sitting in the sun for hours.
Installing all the like-new clean pieces was such a satisfying experience, like building a lego set. I highly recommend it.
>>
>>17842979
Thanks for the motivation famflam, I want to do something similar with my car
>>
>>17839622
>>17841227
>>17841272
these
>>
>>17842979
Holy shit man, upvote.
>>
>>17842979
saved
>>
>>17842979
Expected this to end with "still smells like fucking smoke" because that shit is impossible to get rid of.

Job well done, OP.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.