[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything wrong with new model Ram trucks? I'm looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: images (3).jpg (9KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
9KB, 305x165px
Is there anything wrong with new model Ram trucks? I'm looking for a new full size pickup to haul a bass boat and I've looked at Dodge, Chevy, and Ford trucks and I prefer the Ram. I think they look better and I like the interior best but I've heard that Dodge vehicles can have reliability issues. Just wondering if the new ones are good. Also the Ram trucks are less expensive.
>>
>>17837513
They are less expensive for a reason.

My girlfriends uncle has gone through 3 on the past 2 years. First one was replaced because it was a lemon, after being in the shop so often he got pissed and they replaced it. He then replaced that one with their new eco diesel or whatever it's called, and that's already been in the shop 3 or 4 times.
>>
>>17837513
The biggest problem my brother-in-laws had with theirs was that they had to reset the transmission computer or something periodically, and both got new transmissions anyways and never had a problem afterwards. Now one has a '15 or '14 and it's been fine so far. The other brother-in-law recently traded his '10 in for a family vehicle but it was still running strong at almost 200k mi.
I wouldn't bother with anything before the 4th gen (unless it was an 80s one cuz muh hood ornament).
>>
>>17837513
just get a 1st gen cummins with a 5 speed it won't break
>>
>>17837513
buying new is a meme. you could get a cool vintage truck for 10-15k (what you should be putting down) that will tow your boat with ease.

if you need 4 doors you should get a tahoe instead.
>>
>>17837513
I have a 13 quad cab 4x4. it has 55k miles. only been in the shop for air bag recalls. otherwise no issues.
I have a 09 Ram R/T with 80k miles. it's lowered and running on SRT-10 wheels and tires. I drive this thing like the gas pedal is a 2 position switch. im either smoking the tires or slamming on the brakes. I go through a pair of General UHP Grabbers 305/40-22 every summer. this one has never been in the shop and only have done maintenance stuff to it besides mods.
I have owned almost nothing but dodges since my 1980 ramcharger back in 1989. I had a few ram 1500's and even a Dakota. none of them had any non maintenance repairs or broke down. I cant say that about the 1 Toyota pickup I had and 1 Honda accord hatch.
>>
>>17837529
>Buys a Fiat diesel engine
>Buying diesel post DEF era
>Wonders why he's having issues

Think your uncle is just retarded. Obviously the hemi or Cummins is the only way to go.
>>
>>17837608
Honestly a first gen Cummins manual might be more expensive than a brand new Ram
>>
>>17837513
Lease it for 2 years, Give it back and run the fuck away. Repeat. Dodges are not built to last.
>>
>>17837840
The diesel is still going unlike the hemi which caused the original issues and got him the truck replaced.
>>
I bought a 2014 regular cab express new and have 92k miles on it. Only problem I've had with it is I bricked the Uconnect radio trying to update it but they replaced it with a new one for free.
>>
>>17837971
I'd ignore that poster. The Italian built Ecodiesel is actually a real solid motor.
>>
>>17837513
Where I live, I tend to see an aweful pile of Rams flipped onto their roof in the winter...I'm thinking the handling lulls the drivers into thinking it drives like a car, and not a heavier, higher center of gravity truck it is...
>>
>>17838015
Because their ball joints probably flew out.
>>
>>17837513
I have a Ram 1500, 2013 that I just bought in February of this year. Fucker got another CEL for the 5th time of me owning it. I had electrical issue where the dashboard would flicker and the wipers would come on at random and the truck would make "hissing" sounds. Get one at your own risk.

Chevy has their problems here and there, like the "Chevy Shake", but that's all I know.

I don't know much about new Fords, but you can go gander at those.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.