[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you personalize a car? When does you car become "worth"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 13939749781_f6b3724379_k.jpg (645KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
13939749781_f6b3724379_k.jpg
645KB, 2048x1366px
How do you personalize a car?
When does you car become "worth" bringing to meets and shows?
When/what should a car remain "clean" and "stock"?
When is it ok to spice up your shitbox?

I watch shit like RCR and see owns passionate about literal who shitboxes and pour tons of time and energy to get these awful cars looking nice.
How do I learn to appreciate my daily?
>>
File: WCT.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
WCT.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
>>17832758
Firstly, you shouldn't be considering making your daily driver a show car, thatch just too much of a hassle to keep up with and you'll most likely sink more money into upkeep alone than you can keep track of.

That being said, a daily driver can be modified within reasonable standards, just don't add any exorbitant performance parts that could compromise the engine later on, ESPECIALLY if your daily is the only car you own.
>>
>>17832758

>How do you personalize a car?

YOU don't. People who actually know what they want to change in their car and why, DO.

DON'T risk fucking up your daily unless you fancy riding the bus. DO buy a cheap shitpile that barely runs and fix it into something respectable. Then you'll start to know what you might change out and why.
>>
>>17832758
I think cleaning and waxing is good enough for a shitbox (for an absolute minimal thing to do). If people took care of their paint a lot of regular cars I see would easily look 30% better
>>
Honestly man you think most of the people who turn their cars into show cars for meets actually give a shit about cars? They do it for attention, my bro had a friend who would rent wheels from other people so he could have something new at every car meet. This kid would do a new full wrap every year, yet when you went to talk cars with him, he would give you the look of "dafuq is this person saying". Just make sure it's clean and you'll be fine, the normal car community doesnt care if you are stock.
Oh and never go to a high end car meet, most of those guys rented their "new" supercars.
>>
>>17832758
Start by buying a car worth having.
Second, learn how to take it apart and put it back together.

You will need less guidance as you learn the car and the tools needed to disassemble/reassemble it. Good luck!
>>
>>17832758
>meets
Cancer incarnate usually. I stopped bothering. Cheap shitboxes are nice to modify because they're light and have established aftermarket. I can redo the entire suspension geometry of my car if I have the time and money.
Also these guys get it:
>>17832812
>>17832854
>>17833088
>>17833444
>>
File: wall_R0002532.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wall_R0002532.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
just buy a cheap, shitty but respectable car, and then over time little by little sink way too much money into it for no good reason other than you want to do it. then spend all your time listening to people tell you that you should have just bought an s4 even though itd still have been more expensive all said and done, and slower to boot. and then move into the city where theres no parking and let your car sit in storage, only taking it out once every few months when you have time to take it to the track since you cant bear to sell it due to all the time and money you put into it, spending more time posting pictures and dumb stories nobody cares about it on the internet than youll ever spend driving it anymore.
>>
>>17832758
>How do you personalize a car?
The way you want to

>When does you car become "worth" bringing to meets and shows?
When you can drive there

>When/what should a car remain "clean" and "stock"?
When you're broke, or it ain't broke. Or you like it that way.

>When is it ok to spice up your shitbox?
When it doesn't involve permanent damage if you ever wanna sell it

TL;DR, don't give a fuck about what others think, do you, bring you. Unless you want a trophy or something, then have fun trying to keep up with the broneses
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.