[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ECODIESEL AND RAM 1500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: ECODIESEL.jpg (36KB, 595x335px) Image search: [Google]
ECODIESEL.jpg
36KB, 595x335px
What is O's take on the Ecodiesel and to a lesser extent the Ram 1500?

Please don't turn this into a FCA shitshow.
>>
CGI block is cool, but assembled in Italy is a concern.
>>
Ehhh after dealing with the bullshit that goes with modern diesels in my work trucks I'm basically completely turned off of diesel. If I were in the market for a 1 ton used primarily for towing it'd definitely be a diesel. Modern V8's in trucks have cylinder deactivation and such plus 8+ speed transmissions and don't get horrific mpg's anymore. The emission bullshit that goes with the diesel and the higher cost up front just makes it not worth it anymore.

I also wouldn't trust any engine made in Italy outside of the city.
>>
>>17832624
>v6 so it shakes itself apart in a quarter decade
>only 16.5:1
>aluminum using a fuel that can melt cast iron manifolds
>only 240hp at redline
>made in italy so you know every engine will be a 4pm friday quality engine
confirmed fucked up abandoning cummins
>>
>>17832708
>aluminum
wrong faggot its CGI
>>
File: be6.jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
be6.jpg
13KB, 224x216px
>>17832727
>block/head material
>cng/aluminum
>head
>aluminum
>>
>>17833985
*cgi/aluminum
>>
>Volkswagen fucks up Diesels in NA
>FCA gets sued by someone thats probably from Cali
>FCA pulls the eco diesel from the next year

Can't even get it right now, so who cares.
>>
>>17832624
Are they not using cummins anymore?
>>
Ram series is a complete failure
>>
File: 630t-internals1.jpg (458KB, 864x576px) Image search: [Google]
630t-internals1.jpg
458KB, 864x576px
>>17832624
Ignore the nay saying faggots. They're a tough motor.
http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/expert-advice/1208dp-banks-vm-motori-630t-v6-diesel-engine/
Proven in Ausfailure towing near 7700lb caravans in fucking Jeeps all day long.
>>
>>17834494
HDs will continue using the 6.7ISB, 1/2ton has been using the VM Motori 3.0 for the last 4 years.
>>
>>17832652
D E L E T
>>
http://www.arfc.org/complaints/2015/ram/1500/10838539.aspx

Cam gear failure seems to be a huge issue so far. Only about 70k miles and the design failures start to show up. Also notorious for electrical problems in the first 20k miles, crank failure, and bearings failure also. Might be OK if you buy one new and have a warranty, but new engines are crap with long term reliability with all the emissions crap slapped on and design compromises made for mpg and weight reduction. Diesels are just turning into gas burners reliability wise now.
>>
>>17835578
I too checked out that camgear failure, and the more you search the more it appears to be a single failure with a D+J Diesel associate. It's just the same user amongst a whole bunch of different forums so it looks like a heap of results turn up.
There were an awful lot of reported big end failures in the early 2014 Ecodiesel Rams, which ended up being an assembly fault (must've been Tony's Friday engines). Other than that, they're a pretty damn tough unit, seriously check out their construction.
The only thing that plagues modern diesel longevity is carbon build up responsible by the EGR and CCV. Fit a Provent or block the EGR, or both, and you'll never have that issue again.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.