[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damaged Radiator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: radiator.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
radiator.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Alright, /o/, I have a 2004 C320 Sport Coupe with the 3.2L M112 engine.

So, last night, when I was driving with my buddies and we were just having our caravan as we went to different places where we scouted out drift spots, I threw my car into neutral as I was going down a dirt road because I didn't want to give it too much throttle and lose control.

A bit of a dumb thought process, but at the very least, it did work. However, a harsh bump jerked the pedal up under my foot and I hit the redline on my tachometer. About a few minutes after, I noticed my gauge said to check the coolant level. We got out, popped the hood, turned the car off, and I was leaking. There was a trail in the dirt and we spotted where it's damaged, though that's just one spot, and we think there may be another spot beneath it where it was leaking.

What we did to get it home was we went slowly to a nearby 7-11, bought some electrical tape and some kind of cloth gloves, cut a piece out, and then taped the fabric over the leak to try and stem it after filling the reservoir back up so I could make it home.

For reference, the picture is behind the driver side headlight. The part that broke is a plastic unit on the side of the radiator. I know, it's a German luxury car, so fixing it at the dealership would be expensive. However, would I be able to get away with replacing the plastic part (if that's the only section where the leak is) and then be on my way safe and sound, and if so, where would I find that part?
>>
>>17831601
We'll time to install a new radiator
Yes it sucks but at least you learned not to be retarded
>>
>>17831601
>I threw my car into neutral because I didn't want to and lose control
That's the opposite of what you should do.
>I hit the redline on my tachometer and the radiator exploded
Not your fault, except that you bought a Mercedes.
>>
>>17831601
>the picture is behind the driver side headlight
is top up or is the picture rotated?
>>
I wonder what else you fucked up by overreving it.
>>
>>17831601

>However, a harsh bump jerked the pedal up under my foot and I hit the redline on my tachometer.

I drive on rough roads all the time and I have never once seen anything like this.
>>
>Plastic part of rad cracked
JB weld, Epoxy, whatever, nothing will last more than a few days, the only thing u can do is put in a new radiator. Just ordered one myself, shipped out of Miami thnk god it just passed through Atlanta before Florida is gone
>>
what's's with all these fucking morons putting their cars in neutral to try and do dumb shit? I remember the thread a few months back of some guy who overreved his Chrysler minivan basically doing the same thing as OP but on tarmac

How are you all so fucking stupid you don't realize that the car needs to be UNDER POWER for you to have ANY control of it? Putting it in neutral is like yelling "Jesus take the wheel", especially if you're attempting to drift. You will crash and die if you don't have control over what the rear wheels do.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.