[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I plan on buying a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII sometime in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

I plan on buying a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII sometime in the future. What is some important info I should I know about these cars? Known problems? Maintenance costs? Come on, redpill me
>>
>>17831494
Avoid and buy a Subaru. It's much better and way more reliable.
>>
>>17831494
underage b&
>>
>>17831494
Don't get the 6 speed
>>
>>17831510
>better
>more reliable
LOLOLOLOLOL
>>17831494
ricer tax has made the 4g63 evo's skyrocket even further since the 4b11t was not as well received and now no more evos as it is.
>>
>>17831510
E8 has been my dream car since I was 8 m8 don't h8
>>17831530
Why not?
>>
>>17831494
That's one of my bucket list cars, anon.

Is it modified? I know it's rare, but I would go for a stock one if at all possible. Reliability will likely be an issue with mods.

Also, ask the owner if he has records of any maintenance. I keep a simple Excel sheet of oil changes and shit for my FRS, it's not hard to do. You'll want the peace of mind knowing the trans/transfer case/diff were taken care of.

Check the turbo for shaft play if he's cool with it. It's not a very invasive test and you don't have to tug on the impeller very hard, just enough to see how much it moves.

Don't get ripped off. A lot of dudes selling these things think they're worth gold. They're not, and many with "sweet" mods are just turd buckets with douche owners. Don't fall for the first one you see, even if they're rare.
>>
>>17831494
Evo 9 is better
>>
>>17831494
make sure you get the limited edition mishfyringu system
>>
>>17831632
>not recommending the evo 6
>>
>>17831546
The 5 speed is faster and more reliable. The 6 speeds are pretty fragile.
>>
>>17831632
Hell no. The E9 is ugly as shit
>>
>>17831494
Good luck finding one that hasn't been molested to death by a bunch of boyracers. They're treated just as bad as STIs.
>>
>>17831570
How do you do a shaft play?
>>17831648
The MR? I would if I could. Though honestly if I could I'd get an FQ-400, but I know they're extremely rare and not sold in my country
>>
>>17831843
Just youtube shaft play testing. Just keep in mind that testing shaft play is, in itself, hard on the bearings, so test lightly but effectively

It'll require a screwdriver or ratchet w/ extension, simple tools that the seller should have from owning such a car. It would be a good idea to let them know you want to test it, there shouldn't be any objection to it.
>>
>>17831494
They're fucking garbage, riced taxed to shit too

Buy a good car, you could probably get a C5 Corvette for the same amount and it'll be faster and more reliable
>>
>>17831510
OP, you'd do well to ignore this. >>17831769
Kinda this. It's like the opposite to Subaru boxes, although the 6 Speed Evolution gearbox is still miles stronger than the WRX 5 speed.
>>
>>17831953
>C5
>Faster
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>17832174
Stop watching Initial D you dumb weeb
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.