[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Sport Coupe Under $30k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

What is the best coupe that can be bought on a middle class salary?

Categories:
- fastest stock
- best handling
- most fun
- muscle
- import
- honorable mention
>>
>>17829426
>Fastest Stock
At the base level it's kind of muddy. If you want to benchrace for a few hours, you'll probably settle on a V6 Mustang.
>Best Handling
Under $30k, your best bets are the Miata or the Toyobaru. Skip the Fiat 124, unless you have some pressing need to own an Italian badge. Test Drive the Miata and a BRZ and see which one works better for you.
>Most Fun
Do you like drifting? Because you're not going fast in a straight line, so you better find some tight mountain roads to whip through.
>Muscle
Challenger. It's also got a huge trunk for all your hookers and blow. Again, at your price point, you're gonna get the least-powerful engine config but it's got a lot of power to drag its ass around.
>Import
Miata, Fiata, 86 and Toyobaru are all foreign jobs.
>Honorable Mention
Not a coupe, but consider a Subaru STI. It's a genuine performance car, as opposed to a neutered pseudo-muscle car or a de-tuned meme, with a ton of racing heritage and credential. It'll smoke everything else, but you'll have to suffer the indignity of driving a car with 4 doors.
>>
>>17829426
>- fastest stock
fastest top speed? fastest accelerating? more context is needed
>- best handling
Miata, Toyobaru, or Camaro
>- most fun
See above
>- muscle
Camaro
>- import
Toyobaru
>- honorable mention
Fiat 124 Spider
>>
Fastest:
Open auto trading site of choice, arrange by HP.
Best handling:
Miata, 86 and any old featherweight.
Most fun:
Stripped old featherweight.
Muscle:
Not my thing so can't say.
Import:
Datsun 240/280s are dank if you're a gnome IMHO.
Honorable mention:
Used evos are nice. Especially for street racing.

Though in all honesty maintenance is a big part of the cost. I wouldn't get a fast, heavy car simply because brakes get stupid expensive if you go ham. Also the fastest car is a used racecar.
>>
>>17829562
Evos aren't coupes though
>>
c6 corvette for all

Its an import too cuz its made in canada

/thread
>>
>>17829582
Kinda added it because of:
>>17829483
's honorable mention. Miatas aren't coupes either I believe.
Fuck it. i just love how forgiving EVOs are for street racing.
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 630x383px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 630x383px
>>17829590
>Its an import too cuz its made in canada
but the Corvette was made in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Home of the Bowling Green Massacre.
>>
335i
>>
>>17829483
>skip the fiat
except if you want a better built car

yes, the 124 spyder is a better built car than the 86 and the miata

it's made in japan, everything under the car is better, the chassis is fucking incredible. watch the savagegeese vid

the problem with them is the feel. the miata is a better feeling car that putts around better.
>>
>>17829426
you know i owned a grande punto ss for some time
i initially bought it cause it had fucking rad looks for its category
but then i realise that the car was made to fun

in a small or medium track it can shit on everything but cars with more than 500hp and that only on straights 180 hp doesnt look much and its not but you gain a lot on corners anyway so you can compensate
>>
>>17829426
Depends where you are and if you do your own work on the car.
>eurofag category
e46 m3
335i
audi S5

Audi s5's are mint inside and if I was trying to have a nice car in a professional environment it'd be my choice all day everyday.

>dat refined v8 rumble
>dat comfy interior
>dat gigantic boot (srs its gigantic)
>dem sexy as fuck looks when lowered on wheels
>RS5 the front for cheap
>awd grip for beating everyone at the lights

Downsides... expensive as all hell to get any more power out of. 335i is much better in this regards but everyone assumes you're a degenerate if you drive a 335i.
>>
>>17829772
>punto shits on everything that is less than 500hp
lol I'd like to see it shitting on the new M4 or Camaro SS on track
>>
>>17829783
you can't fully disable traction control on the S5 though
>>
>>17829789
It'd be an issue on dirt roads if you want to have fun but they have so much grip it rarely comes into play. Depends on what you want really
>>
>>17829794
it would intervene like crazy on track conditions
or if you just wanted to do a donut in a empty snowy parking lot
>>
>>17829805
I've been around Philip island track in Aus with my mates one and I didn't really notice it. I don't live with it though so once used to it'd probably grow on your nerves. I'd buy it as the ultimate DD and buy some shitbox for track stuff. If you want a car that's good for tracks and DD a tuned up golf R might be the go. I see those things flying around all the time.
>>
>>17829786
depends on the track as i said lol if the track is less than 3km it can gain a lot on the corners
>>
>>17829794
audi s5 chasis is literally shit for you to have FUN with it
audi probably didnt knew what to do with the s5 at all and instead just do what they did with the s4 they went overboard and fucked up the car big time
>>
>>17829828
The engine is way too far forward but they still handle awesome at everyday speeds on coilovers and some big sticky tyres. As I said it's an ultimate DD, other stuff eh not so much.
It's a good under the limit car
>>
>>17829483
>>17829426
2nd on the STi, but generally they are 25k+ for ones that have been kept in decent nick and aren't too old.

Fair warning though, after driving coupe's for a while I found the 4 doors pretty jarring, the car was just so much longer than I was used to, and I really had to baby it as I was getting used to it's dimensions.
>>
>>17829426
Definitely not the fastest 30 grand will get you, but fantastic handling and loads of fun.
>>
s2000s can be had for below $30k and i hear they're great
>>
File: BRZS2000.jpg (67KB, 582x565px) Image search: [Google]
BRZS2000.jpg
67KB, 582x565px
>>17830014
>>
used 2011+ mustang gt
>>
>>17830021
What is this website? Please help a newfag out.
>>
>>17830785
fastestlaps
>>
>>17830788

Thank you
>>
>>17829590
Who's the gal? Looks like my ex.
>>
Mustang
>>
>>17830021
I wonder if the time difference comes down to rubber and brakes.
>>
File: fuckingniggers.png (759KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingniggers.png
759KB, 800x532px
everybody forgets about this one
>>
>>17833072
We all try to forget
>>
>>17829760
Its the same car anon, just different badges, the build quality is the same regardless.
>>
>>17833072
>coupe
>>
Why the hell is everyone forgetting Porsche Cayman S? A used Cayman S (987) will come in at comfortably under 30k and it's faster and classier than a BRZ.
>>
>>17833174
Scroll up a bit.
>>
File: z4mcoupe.jpg (190KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
z4mcoupe.jpg
190KB, 1024x682px
>>17829426

>fastest stock
z06 c5 corvette

>best handling
FD Rx7

>most fun
NA/NB Miata, assuming you're into modifying cars

>muscle
Terminator Cobra Mustang

>import
FD Rx7, especially for $30k budget. Spend $20k on the car and $10k rebuilding the engine and doing preventative maintenance

>honorable mention
Z4M coupe
>>
>>17833174
135i M package in the same boat.
>>
- fastest stock
Used corvette
- best handling
Miata ND
- most fun
Miata ND
- muscle
Mustang
- import
Miata ND
- honorable mention
BRZ/86
>>
>>17833072
Lol wut you're not gonna find one for under 30k unless it is some salvage piece of crap those dealer have mark ups on them and selling for like 10k plus over mrsp
>>
>>17834056
That's a Fiesta ST.
>>
>>17829483
aren't the 86 and the Toyobaru the same car?
>>
>>17829483
Is driving a 4 door really that shameful?
>>
>>17829990
I hear the 2.7L is plenty of fun on its own and loves to be revved, but will always leave some heartache for not getting the 3.4L
>>
holden monaro
>>
just import an r32 lmao
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.