[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toyota T100

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 95812151990617.jpg (912KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
95812151990617.jpg
912KB, 1024x682px
aside from sharing the name with the terminator how good are these trucks?

I rarely hear about them but the consensus is bulletproof motor and easy to find parts.

any glaring issues I should look for when checking it out?

I'm down grading from a aluminum Ford f150 since I'm becoming more financially minded and do not need a car payment
>>
two good friends of mine had them. they were both treated like dirty whores and abused offroad as such yet somehow are still alive. take that as you will.
>>
Toyota tier reliability, about the same size as 2nd gen tacos, and parts are hard as shit to find when something does go wrong.
>>
>>17823535
They're so damn good that these can last up to 1 million miles alone with the same engine, tranny, everything. All you have to do is give it proper maintenance.

Beats the shit out of both the Ford Ranger and Chevy S10 + it's GMC twin, even Dodge.

Nissan too makes great lil pickups, plus Datsun.
>>
>>17823535
I daily a 1997 T100 SR5 with 205,000 miles. Here's what I've had to do and my truck's history:

>2 owner, well maintained, bought at 168,000
>Major work completed: new injector, new brakes all around, new cv joints, plugs, wires, new starter.

All work was done with basic tools and most things were done while living in an apartment complex with the truck sitting in a regular parking space. I love it, it's been nothing but reliable and even the big repairs were pretty painless and went smoothly.

Negatives include not having the suicide door to access the back seat, especially now that I'm loading a car seat into it, under powered for climbing colorado mountain passes, and a little loud compared to newer cars.

All in all it's been fantastic though and I would recommend buying one. Is there anything else you want to know?
>>
>>17823551
I've always thought frontiers are lacking in the reliability arena.
>>
>>17823577
does the toyota meme tax apply to this trucks as well?
>>
>>17823577
the owner says he keeps getting the odb code for replacing the front 02 sensor. and when you punch the gas it bogs down.
>>
>>17823584
the frontiers are complete dogshit but the D21's are awesome.
>>
>>17823593
the one I'm looking at 2900 with 130,000 thousands miles. doesn't have a bumper with extracab
>>
>>17823593
you bet your ass. toyota trucks are the nucleation point for their reputation of reliability.
>>
>>17823577
Yes and no. I paid 6900 for mine after looking at some others only because of the condition it was in. I was really trying to stay below 6k.

I would be you could buy an american made pick-up from the same era cheaper, but the T100's aren't as highly priced as Tacomas for sure.

I would also look at the 2003-2006 Tundras. They're more expensive but also really nice.

My next truck will be a 4 door 2006 Tundra.
>>
The only thing more reliable than a T100 or Tacoma is a Jeep with the 4.0L inline 6. Don't get the Jeep V6 or 4 cyl, they suck.
>>
They are extremely reliable. My grandpa had one that my mother totalled TWICE. It's still on the road with 300k~ miles. Would recommend highly.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.