[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1450928476758143302.png (710KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1450928476758143302.png
710KB, 800x450px
Who here is excited to get their first real career position soon? I'm already planning what I'm gonna do with my cars and stuff.
>>
>>17823122
Not me, gonna be a long while before I can practice medicine. Good thing I love my car though, hoping to eventually get an M2 but even when I do I'll keep working on my 530i.
>>
You'll have the money and the energy but no time
>>
yeah Im selling all my shit and going off to die somewhere within the next few years

planning on selling or giving my car to a friend who has wanted it since I got it
>>
>>17823156
This, but possibly without the energy depending on the job.
I finally got started with a real job and make good money, but it ends up taking most of my time and energy for the week so I don't get to do much fun shit.
>>
>>17823156
this, my boss, who is considered one of the few experts in his field within 100 miles of our bay area location, drives a well-worn old-model caravan. His protege drives an early 2010's civic that is in similar condition. My newly acquired grocerymobile is likely to have the same future.
>>
Going to try to get the newest thing possible. I am considering getting an EV for my first car and probably buy a shit box to hoon and learn manual.
t. Never got to choose my car
>>
>>17823122
>first real career position
Started that 3 years ago, still drive my ecobox from uni.
First my interest shifted to having a nice home because that's where I spend most of my time. Now, was my car gets older, I try to wrench on it like once a month, doing maintenance, small repairs etc., saving money to move in April next year and work in an even better job than I do now, won't upgrade my car till end of 2018
>>
>>17823122
Started in 2015.
It went kind of how I expected.
Granted I wish I could of lived at home a bit longer and gone all out having fun with cars for a couple years but when my house came on the market i had to have it. Was exactly what I wanted in terms of location/yard/garage/size/cost.

I did bounce between a few jobs. First one paid great and had a LOT of opportunities to advance/get raises however was pretty impossible to succeed without doing 60-70 hours a week. I was succeeding with flying colors and surprised my boss when I put in my 2 weeks.

Ultimately I'm someone who wanted stability and free time and I'm willing to give up some $ for that.

Now for past year and a half I work 8-5 M-F & weekends off. Holidays off. Great benefits.

That's the biggest thing for me - so if you're like me - your first career position might really only be your gateway position to getting what you actually WANT to be your career position.
My first job I mentioned I didn't enjoy it and it drained me and kept me from being able to really live my life happily even though it paid 70k as opposed to my current 50k.

However the experience there helped me get to my current position.

Nothing wrong with driving old stuff and banking money either.

I did just buy a coyote but I still dd my 97 K1500 and my 99 TA happily.

It's almost easier with a career job to feel like you have more opportunity than you do and get in over your head in debts and such than when you worked for min wage. Ive had a few friends that really screwed themselves that way.
>>
OP here. I plan to get an IT cert and move through the company. Gonna use that cash for real estate and then I can live off my passive income and chill with my cars. My first real car will be an e55 amg because I gotta drive something cool right?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.