[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GMT 800 PLATFORM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Please redpill me on this platform /o/. I am heavily considering picking up a Yukon/Tahoe as a daily driver and adventure vehicle (mostly fire trails and snow driving). Craigslist seems to be full of decent ones at cheap prices.

I've done some homework and read about transmission issues but otherwise haven't been able to find a whole lot. Any kind anons want to give me a run down?

Also any GMT800 owners please post your rides, I want some fap fuel.
>>
bump

come on, /o/ can not be this useless
>>
File: econobox2.jpg (2MB, 2048x1302px) Image search: [Google]
econobox2.jpg
2MB, 2048x1302px
great trucks
shoot for a 03+, and something with a 4l80 (60s like to go at 150k)
expect a cheap plastic interior that likes to peel/fall apart. expect rattles and a bumpy ride on the trucks.
depending on where you live you shouldn't be spending more than 6kish for a nicer one with around 120k
also pic is my shitbox
>>
File: 20160812_122916.jpg (2MB, 3208x2312px) Image search: [Google]
20160812_122916.jpg
2MB, 3208x2312px
To me i would buy an early 1999-2002 GMT800 because they are alot cheaper than later models. If your buying an early model 1999-2002 check the coolant if it's the orange dexcool. Water pumps are more common to fail on early 5.3's. If the truck is 4wd have a mechanic check the transfer case, they develop a hairline crack around the pump housing and if it runs out of fluid it eats itself alive. Front wheel hubs, EGR valves and fuel pumps go out at around 150,000 miles. Never get aftermarket fuel pumps because they never last as long as the original and they are alot louder than oem. Oil pressure sending units causes the oil pressure gauge to bounce and act funny. I've seen less early model GMT800's with gauge cluster problems than later models. If the parking brake light and ABS light both stay on, it needs a new ABS control module. 4l60e's are also a big issue, if it shifts rough or makes noises stay away. Wind noise is also a problem on older trucks, it could be the weather stripping or the door hinge pins and latches wearing out.

Other than that, they are amazing trucks if you take care of them just make sure you do regular maintenance and use OEM parts as much as possible.
\
This video might be helpful if you haven't watched it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv1WBHtmVQ8

Pic related my 2000 Chevy sliverado with 340,000 miles
>>
>>17822965
They're great trucks only real problem is they seem to love eating fuel pumps.
>>
>>17823165
>>17823351
>>17823359
OP Here, Thanks guys!
>>
Those are by far the best used truck on the market. If I were you I'd go for a 2500 model so I don't get a glass 4l60e (they're cheap as fuck for a new one)
>>
>>17822965
It's the last truly comfortable GM SUV.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.