[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seatbelts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0377.jpg (51KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0377.jpg
51KB, 640x427px
Why are there still people who refuse to buckle up? Is it still "uncool"?
Most vivid memory of a recent crash that showed how important buckling up was that one california girl that was live streaming herself while driving. Then she flipped her car and her sister in the back, who wasn't buckled in, was thrown out the car and died.

Is seatbelts still a "meme" for a lot of people?
>>
Sometimes I don't wear my seatbelt when I pop over to the gas station because it's relatively close and I'm lazy.
If it's a commute I'll wear it.
>>
>>17821592
I dont mind wearing it, but i hate vehicles that have nanny features like the alarm or muting the audio.
>>
>>17821592
because they're morons
>>
>>17821592
That particular incident was just an example of people being stupid
>>
>>17821592
I lived in a area where people were extremely seat belt averse and in areas where they're the standard. People who choose not to wear seatbelts are right, and they've made their choice, if they die as a result that is their choice.

I don't think however people should be getting tickets for not wearing them, they made their choice.
>>
>>17821899
The state wants you alive as long as possible to keep welfare and social security going. That's why they ticket you for it.
>>
>>17821592
One thing I think it beyond retarded is how you can be cited for no seatbelt when driving and in the same state be able to ride a motorcycle down the street in your underwear perfectly legally. And none of this "well on a motorcycle you only hurt yourself" meme, seatbelts only save you.
>>
>>17821933
The reasoning they used in court was because in the end the state pays for the medical care you'd receive, they have an interest in you have the least possible injury. Nothing to do with social security or welfare. They couldn't give a shit if you live or die. It was just a justification to issue tickets.

On a philosophical/ethical/law point of view I find it to be no different than the broccoli mandate argument.
>>
>>17821899
mmm yeahh willful public endangerment and increased public debt is fine bc its "their choice". The penalty for not wearing a seatbelt needs to go way the fuck up.
>>
>>17822209
>mmm yeahh willful public endangerment and increased public debt is fine bc its "their choice"

more costly are people who consume alcohol. and that is their choice to.

if someone doesnt want to wear a seatbelt, im cool with that, chances are they'll be dead and not make it, won't have much health care costs from that.
>>
>>17822209
>willful public endangerment
Explain how not wearing a seat belt becomes endangering the public?
>>
>>17821592
i wish they all could be California
i wish they all could be California
girrrrls
>>
>>17821942
Always wondered this myself

Wish they could make it so insurance refuses to pay if safety devices (or helmets) are bypassed/not utilized

Problem. Fucking. Solved
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.