[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LS General?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: images-39.jpg (10KB, 305x240px) Image search: [Google]
images-39.jpg
10KB, 305x240px
I have an L98 with the famed LS sewing machine sound at 2000-3000rpm
However mine is LOUD
Loud enough a friend of mine noticed it as I drove past him on the sidewalk
Is it a major concern? Honestly the sound sucks but I can deal with it, but if its at risk of damaging anything else however then I cant

Im running 15w-40 non synthetic oil so im already pretty thick and the levels are correct

I still love the LS because its price for performance though but this noise is driving me insane
>>
>>17820047
You can get rid of that noise for $500 and an afternoon
>>
>>17820063
I plan to do as much mechanical work as I can by my self
I just want to lock down what it is before I spend money replacing good parts
>>
>>17820047
From what I've heard it can be caused by bad gaskets, loose plugs or holes in the exhaust. I would check those before you start to dig into the motor
>>
>L98
Ohhhh neat. You either must have a holden or pieced one together from parts (I did the latter), as they never put the rectangular port heads on a 6.0 in that configuration in the states. I've actually done a lot of reading in the holden forums about that particular engine. Have you done anything to it?
How many miles? A sewing-machine-like sound is typically valvetrain related, you might pop the valve covers and make sure everything is to spec.
>>
File: 20170613_163100-1.jpg (1MB, 2960x1689px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_163100-1.jpg
1MB, 2960x1689px
>>17820503
I tried to mask it a bit but im the Australian with a VZ SS thunder
Its only done 120,000kms/80,000m but from the condition of the rest of the car they were rough
Thanks for the info, didnt even consider the exhaust
>>
File: IMG_0933.jpg (111KB, 1140x643px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0933.jpg
111KB, 1140x643px
>>17821303
Fuck you assholes and your good cars
>>
File: images-30.jpg (25KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images-30.jpg
25KB, 512x287px
>>17821515
Hnng Id love an FGX
Shame Ford Australia ran out of funding though and the interior is 10 years old
Id love a manual v8 wagon but they are ultra rare in any generation other than the VE (Pontiac G8)

If money was no issue though the new HSV Clubsports are stunning and brutal
>>
>>17820047
Rip helpdesk thread
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.