[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

B20 bomb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Attach11001_20170903_163547.jpg (545KB, 2432x1382px) Image search: [Google]
Attach11001_20170903_163547.jpg
545KB, 2432x1382px
Alright I'm just looking to see if anyone has any idea of what could've caused this. I recently just bought a jdm b20b and installed it into my car after refreshing it (new seals,timing belt,water pump,tensioner) with one thing to add before I removed the original timing belt. It wasnt perfectly in time tdc, and while I was trying to adjust the intake cam it was giving me a lot of trouble. . But I got it in time and tensioned properly. And I've replaced timing belts on these cars plenty of times before so I know it was correct. Anyways i installed it into the car yesterday. Started first try and it idled relatively ok. It was running rich most likely because of a bad primary 02 but that shouldn't have caused this issue. The problem yesterday was if I revved slowly it would react accordingly but if I quickly revved it or wot it would hesitate and then rev up, like it was choking. I checked all the vacuum lines and sensors, everything seemed ok. Then when I went to start it this afternoon the motor wouldn't crank. It just made a grinding noise.. pulled off the valve cover and found the timing belt half off the cam gears. And the intake cam basically seized. Manually rotating the crank only spun the exhaust cam and the timing belt would jump the intake. I also noticed the cam journals in a few spots were scarred up pretty good. If anyone has any idea what caused this help would be appreciated.
>>
Timing belt tensioner not installed correctly

Calling it right now
>>
>>17816781
I followed the service manual instructions and torqued to proper spec with a split be torque wrench. I'd be hard pressed if that was the issue.
>>
>>17816749
>just bought a jdm b20b
Junkyard has 30 day warranty, go get another one.
>>
>>17816823
Didn't buy it from a junkyard, got it from a authorized used jdm engine/transmission dealer in New York
>>
>>17816859
What is their warranty policy?
>>
>>17816898
According their policy, the motor had to be installed by a certified mechanic, and they would need a work order and specific details of what part was defective/failed and why. I'm not a certified mechanic and to be honest, I'm still not sure what the hell happened. But I have a funny feeling it was tampered with before I bought it. According to my friend the cam journals were actually scarred like that before I even took off the timing belt. My stupid mistake not noticing it.
>>
>>17816749
jesus christ anon, your engine shouldnt be covered in oil..
>>
>>17817030
?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.