[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of buying a first generation Mitsubishi Eclipse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1992-mitsubishi-eclipse-4.jpg (155KB, 2186x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1992-mitsubishi-eclipse-4.jpg
155KB, 2186x1110px
I'm thinking of buying a first generation Mitsubishi Eclipse as a first car, thoughts?
>>
>>17815259
for what purpose?
>>
>>17815264
Pretty much everything, daily driving.
>>
>>17815278
So you're getting like a 20-30 year old car that sucked to begin with as your first DD? I'm all about buying an old beaterbox and learning how to fix it, but are you sure you know what you're doing here?
>>
>>17815292
My family actually has car mechanics and I am interested in fixing cars too, I'm just asking your opinion, I'm still quite new to cars. What would you recommend? Preferrably coupe/hatchback.
>>
>>17815302
Ask your family what they think in that case. If there's nothing special about this Eclipse other than that maybe it's cheap available and for some reason you have a passion for it, then ask them if they think it's a good idea.
>>
>>17815259
Which trim? Any specific one you're looking at?
>>
>>17815337
I'm just looking in general at Eclipses, the car doesn't seem so bad, altough I'm thinking between that, a Toyota Celica or a Honda Civic. I just want a car that's reliable, fun to drive and looks good.
>>
>>17815355
>this idiot is about to buy an NA FWD eclipse lmao
>>
>>17815355
Don't count on any car that old to be reliable. That's really the main factor in my opinion, since I'm not a worried mother who can't sleep at night if you're not driving a 8-star rated crash safety basket with 18 side airbags and 5-way antilock brakes.

Celicas and Civics can be fun, too, depending on which ones, but probably at that age they're going to be less of a hassle.
>>
>>17815302
That's good, because mark my words stuff will break on it and it may leave you stranded. I don't personally have anything against mitsu, i'm just speaking from experience of having a 23 year old car (volvo) as my first. If you're going to buy an old car (especially if it's for cheap money) then you had better be willing to get your hands dirty.
>>
Not a great idea for a first car. Sure your mechanical family can fix it, but that doesn't mean that a lot of shit won't go wrong with it still. You need something reliable, safe, and cheap to insure for your first car, which you're likely to crash anyway. literally something to get you from point A to B. Look at civics, accords, crvs, camries, corollas, etc.
>>
>>17815355
Celica or Civic. You could do a more fun car from the 90s too, but they cost more in this day and age.
>>
>>17815355
I'll save you some trouble
Get a 3G Eclipse GT
They can be had for dirt cheap, they're reliable because the 6G72 has been put in a ton of cars and had been in commission for over 25 years so most of the links had been worked out of them, also the manual is strong and shifts well
They're reliable cars that usually get shit on because they pale in comparison to the 2G Eclipses, but for reliability's sake the 3G is way better
>>
>>17815363
Nothing wrong with the NA 1G eclipse is power isn't a priority. The NA 4g63 is pretty darn reliable if you take care of it.
>>
>>17815363
Eurofag actually, don't mind if it's FWD desu

>>17815365
Yeah I guess I'll just stick to an early to late 2000s Civic or Celica, thanks for the tip.
>>
>>17815380
It's not like the 420a is unreliable. And the 2g eclipse looks way better inside and out.

The 3g eclipse looks like a catfish mixed with a vial of secret ooze.
>>
>>17815394
The 420a is basically the ECC engine, you're damn right they're reliable, and of course the 2G looks better, but the 3G is more reliable than the 2G and if he wanted a bit of quickness with reliability, the 3G GT/S is a damn good choice, but so is a Celica with the 3S engine since he's a eurofag
>>
Get a Probe, bro.
>>
>>17815572
Why not a firebird? He needs that Pontiac excitement.
>>
>>17815581
Because eurofag
See
>>17815391
>>
>>17815594
Why don't they name cars like "Mercury Cougar" anymore? I almost bought one as my first.

What the fuck is a "Hyundai Accent?" a "Sonata?" Get these fags out of here. GET 'EM OUT
>>
>>17815594
Or a "Buick Roadmaster" Are they even trying anymore?
>>
>>17815581
>>17815594
They actually do sell Pontiacs for not even a lot but they are probably broken.

>>17815572
The Probe looks quite nice too but I thought it was only for NA.
>>
>>17815663
>>17815671

Because Numales and women fucked up the industry
>>
File: 83.amc.eagle.500.jpg (47KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
83.amc.eagle.500.jpg
47KB, 500x315px
>>17815942
It's time to bring back the Eagle.
>>
>>17815919
No they were sold in Europe too.
>>
>>
>>17816164
That's the 4G, everyone knows it's ass is as wide as all outside
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.