[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1992 Buick Lesabre Limited

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 92121281991003.jpg (946KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
92121281991003.jpg
946KB, 1024x682px
Just bought this bad boy for $600.

Engine runs fine and good but when idling in park there is a rattle towards the trunk of the car, maybe slightly more on the drivers side?

Also the antennae motor keeps running trying to go down even when I push it in. Any tips for disabling this so it doesn't kill my battery?

Cheers!
>>
>>17812062
ok well have discovered the rattle at the rear is just a metal plate that is loosely sitting above the muffler. it's not screwed down but the way the muffler is this metal plate isn't going anyway. anyone know what it could be? it's just chilling on top.

as for the antennae, can I get to the motor from the trunk and unplug it there?
>>
>>17812158
seems like it's a loose heat shield. what do?
>>
i had to pull long and hard /o/ but with your guidance i and confidence in me i got that plug out.

cheers. y'all will make a home mechanic eventually
>>
>>17812166
uh,. tighten it?
>>
>>17812158
Get a sheet metal screw and attach it to something. If you can't figure that out, you're in way over your head with a 600 dollar 92 buick. And for fucks sake if something is electric of course you can unplug it. Jesus
>>
>>17812166
Take off the heat shield. A very reputable exhaust shop once recommended I remove the shields instead of having them replaced, as they were there for "warranty purposes" I.E. just take them out and don't think twice about it.
>>
>>17812158
Just unplug it, but it'll stop eventually. You can get a new motor for it- but if you do, don't ever manually move the antenna, or the belt that moves it will break.
>>
>>17812452
yeah I have unplugged it now. May have already moved it a bit but basically I should just put it down and leave it down til I want to do something with it?

>>17812287
>>17812304
>>17812451
the shield is completely loose, just being trapped by the muffler. and yeah I did figure to attach it with a screw and that it could be unplugged, was more unsure about where to do such things. but like i said it's plug has been taken care of for now and i'll get some screws for the shield when i can. to the rude af guy, maybe i am in over my head but i might as well learn now and your negative attitude is the type of shit that scares people away from learning new shit.
>>
>>17812062
The metal rattle is the muffler heat shield. You can safely toss that in the trash. The power antenna can be unplugged until you want to swap radios or something. Used to own a 94 Oldsmobile 88 (more or less the same car). Had similar shit happen.
>>
>>17812062
>Also the antennae motor keeps running trying to go down even when I push it in

remove the fuse for that circuit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.