[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap UK/GB Used Cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

I want to find a cheap UK car
I tried on autotrader UK but I had no luck
Te budget is 1000-2000 Pounds
I want to find a car with some options on it ( navigation , steering wheel with commands, etc)
I friend bought a Full Skoda Octavia 2010 facelift with 1500 Pounds
If someone know an Acution website or a better one than autotrader Uk please help
Any tips will help
Thanks
>>
>>17810939
Fiance a 5 series you slavic fuck
>>
>>17810939
Gumtree or eBay are your friends in that budget. Autotrader has quite high fees so cheap cars don't crop up there often. Don't touch a diesel for that money unless it is an older basic one, although if you really want one the VW 1.9 PD130 is a decent engine. Your money goes so much further with petrol cars here. Ford Mondeo is always a safe bet, no timing chains to piss about with and well specced ones are easy to come by. If you want something fancier then there are lots of 6 cyl E46 BMWs about - find one without rust and you should be fine.

Rust can be an issue here so be on the look out for that on arches and sills, I would recommend a Honda Accord but be very careful with them for rust.
>>
File: BedfordRascal009.jpg (178KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BedfordRascal009.jpg
178KB, 1024x768px
>>17810939
You could easily afford the Godvan for this budget
>>
Pistonheads.com is my favourite car searching site, the sellers will usually know their shit more and you get alot more sorting options
>>
>>17811330
wh-where do I get the ring
>>
>>17810939
>Te budget is 1000-2000 Pounds
>I want to find a car with some options on it ( navigation , steering wheel with commands, etc)
You won't find a car that good at that price. Either commit more money, or settle for a crappier car.
>>
>>17811401
This. Rascal is always the answer
>>
>>17810939
I was stationed in the UK in 2007. I bought a used rover 600 for 800 pounds. i never even changed the oil on it or any other maintenance for four ears and the thing ran like a champ passing mot every year until the day I sold it.
>>
>>17813351
94 rover 600*
>>
File: 1503499232706.jpg (592KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1503499232706.jpg
592KB, 1944x2592px
>>17810939

A friend of mine was in holiday abroad and got drunk at the pub and bought a 2004 C180 for 650 pounds. He literally bought a car off the internet.
When he returned to the UK, 2 weeks later, he then searched on google for the dealership, went to see the car, and drove it back home.
Sure, it had 210k miles and was showing it's age, but for 650 miles he got to enjoy a Mercedes which he accidentally bought.
That car goes on strong even today.

Furthermore, a friend has a Mk 5 Golf which he tries to kill. The car is a 1.6 petrol and has 350k km with only the oil changes being done. He did the timing chain replacement once, but suddenly all the broken parts from that damn Golf started to rattle, begging for a replacement.
He swore from that day that he won't be doing any more repairs on it and he'll drive it to the ground. The car today has 390k km and refuses to die.

Accountant friend of mine has a hand-me-down Mk 3 Mondeo. For the past 6 years he tries to kill it, shifting badly, taking all the potholes, scraping the sidewalk, etc. The 410k beat to shit Mondeo refuses to die. He did change the lightbulbs recently. He cried about it.
>>
>>17813382
>That car goes on strong even today.
ofc its a merc what do you expect
a lot of people tend to ignore them but they are amazing for what they are and how much they cost compared to comfort reliability and what not
>>
>>17813463

it's not about the brand as it is about the cost. It cost him fcking 650 pounds. 2 week's worth of a job in a grocery warehouse got me a running Merc. If he knew anything about cars, maintainance and general cleaning, he could find himself with quite a decent.
>>
>>17813494

*him

Personally I don't like the W203 as it is abit too spartan and badly equipped on the inside. The 4 cyl models atleast.
>>
>>17813499
>badly equipped on the inside
they all come with stuff like multifunctioning steering wheel and electrical power seats as standard and the audio is pretty great hell you even get an aux if you get one with the navigation from a 16 year old car
the seats are great plenty of space what more could you want
>>
File: minicooper.jpg (149KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
minicooper.jpg
149KB, 960x716px
Sorry to hijack the thread but as a man from the continent is there anything I should be aware of when buying car in the UK?
For quite some time I wanted a classic Mini as a weekend car and I figured I might as well import one. Is that doable with a budget of around 2000 - 2500GBP? Or will I get fucked over by pikeys on Gumtree?
>>
3k civìc
>>
In the UK anything with over 100k miles on it is considered scrap worthy and can be picked up for peanuts. Do your research and you can find some really nice deals.
>>
>>17810939
Find an e39 5 series, parts are cheap in the UK, you wont get navigation but you can get leather, cruise control, sunroof, smooth ZF autobox
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.