[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The cadillac XLR - has the design aged well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>>
>>17809936

Hope, and those Northstar engines are probably the shittiest pieces of shit from the last 20 years of GM.
>>
>>17809940

*nope
>>
>>17809936
Fuck no.
It's a C5 corvette with a worse engine, for more money.
Worse, they were still trying to sell these after the C6 was on the market.
>>
>>17809940
Those are the revised Northstars, they don't have the same issue the originals and the Aurora engine had
>>
>>17809936
This car looked ugly as fuck when it was new. It's a late 90s design at best and the northstar engines were complete shit.

I feel sorry for anyone that bought these thinking they were an upscale corvette.
>>
>>17809979
They were only more expensive than the C5 when they launched, they're about the same price as a C5 on the used market, unless you're talking about an XLR-V, shame they're all automatic
>>17809983
>late 90s design
Shut up euro trash, it was finally the end of the Malaise era of design, it doesn't look as bad as your butthurt faggot self thinks it does
>>
>>17809936
Thought it was cool as hell the first time I saw one. Then I started realizing that its pretty ugly. ATS looks better
>>
>>17809936
The back looks pretty nice but the front looks way too squashed.
>>
>>17809981

>le classic GM shill response

>THAT WAS THE OLD THING
>THEY FIXED THAT
>YOU'RE THINKING OF A DIFFERENT VERSION
>THIS WAS NEVER A PROBLEM
>ETC.

They could've just put a fucking LS in it.
>>
>>17810048
More of a Caddy shill than a GM shill because they killed everything good, but I tolerate Buick
>Cadillac want to be viewed as a serious Luxury market player
>competition uses DOHC V8s
>Cadillac wants the same refined image and uses DOHC V8s in their products
Are they down on power? Yes
Are they heavier engines? Yes
But the issue is that no luxury car sold on the market currently, save for the CTS-V, is powered by a pushrod engine, they went with OHC because of the image
>>
File: 121311.jpg (4MB, 3540x1788px) Image search: [Google]
121311.jpg
4MB, 3540x1788px
>>17809936
not as well as this
>>
>>17810074
>they went with OHC because of the image

And it resulted in one of the worst cars of the 2000s.

Congrats on shitting the bed GM, now you get to sleep in it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.