[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Mercedes S class

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: CarImage.jpg (226KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CarImage.jpg
226KB, 1280x1024px
Are the older S class cars worth getting?

I was looking to buy a new cheap car (VW UP! or similar) but saw today that I can get a good condition 2005 Mercedes Benz S class for less than half the price.

Is there any good reason why I shouldn't get the older but way way nicer car? I imagine that there will be more costs in the long run sure but will they be super high?
>>
>>17809288
>will they be super high
relative to the cost of maintaining a new cheap car, yes. Look for a middle ground that is a decent used car without overly high miles or expensive maintenance.
>>
No they're tanks, it's all a big perpetuated myth that they're expensive/unreliable. A car that was $110k under a decade ago selling for $7k now is just because of those terrible rumors, the little known secret to insiders is they are an incredible deal that will never give you any problems.
>>
>>17809288
They are not expensive to maintain if you do all the maintenance yourself.

There's lots of websites and forums to help yo diagnose and fix problems.

The W220 shares the drive train and a lot of parts with the W211 Eclass which I have owned since 2009.
Besides regular maintenance, I've only ever replaced the motor rubbers.

Once you drive a big Mercedes - even a 30 year old one you will never want to get into a piece of shit littel babby car again.
>>
>>17809288
what engine?
>>
>>17809632
>>17809730
This is such bullshit
>>
>>17809744
E320CDI best engine.
200hp, 370 ft-lbs at 1800 rpm, 45mpg.
All other engine are for fags.
>>
>>17809763
Stay mad, niggertits.
>>
>>17809774
Stop giving false information like it's true you asshole, why would you put OP in debt like that?
>>
>>17809768
nice ask this on some serious mercedes forum dont listen to /o/fags
>>
>>17809812
This
Especially the ones who act like it's as reliable as a Lexus, or that all they need is maintenance and they'll run forever, it ain't the fucking 80s anymore
>>
File: IMAG0793.jpg (3MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0793.jpg
3MB, 3024x5376px
Oddly enough. They are good cars and haven't had any issues with mine.
>>
>>17809890
>>17809784
Stop samefagging you ridiculous cunt
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.