[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honda or BMW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: prelude1.jpg (167KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
prelude1.jpg
167KB, 800x600px
Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC 200 HP

or

BMW 328i E46 193 HP

Both have the same price
>>
>>17808344
>>
>>17808344
Prelude
The BMW will shit itself in 20,000 miles
>>
>>17808344
The bmw, the naturally aspirated I6 engines last forever

The interior will be much better and it will be more fun to drive, plus it looks better
>>
Ive driven both and the Honda is much more fun to drive. Its lighter and more powerful. Its also far more reliable.
>>
>>17808349
The BMW is automatic and the Prelude manuel
>>
>>17808357
BMW cloth seats but sunroof.
Prelude leather interior/seats + heated
Both have cruise control
>>
Obligatory reminder to never buy 5th gen Preludes in automatic as they destroy auto gearboxes like no tomorrow
>>
>>17808392
Okay eating my words now, get the honda, forgot that not every used bmw is optioned well. Sunroofs are cool but they add weight, I guess it depends how badly you want the sunroof.

Also pay heed to this guy>>17808401
>>
>>17808369
I live in Germany. The Honda would be cheaper cause smaller engine and 4 Zylinder. the 6 Zylinder BMW would cost me more in tax and insurance, also needs more fuel.

BMW e46 are mostly driven by Arabs/Turks or old bavarians.
The Honda would be something unique.
>>
>>17808382
DID I FUCKING STUDDER
>>
>>17808416
Everything is pointing towards honda, I love bmw but I have to admit between these two the prelude has more going for it
>>
>>17808416
That doesn't make sense. What about shit like Evos and STis? they're 4 cylinders but can pack power?
>>
>>17808411
I dont need a sunroof. Both have AC. I think heated leather seats (Honda) is more valuable.
>>
>>17808420
Chill you pants man
>>
>>17808427
It's an Aussie, no one in Germany uses a z for cylinders
>>
>>17808392
What 328i 3 series comes without leather seats? The 325i has leather
>>
>>17808427
In Germany you pay tax = size of the engine. not HP.

So a 2.2 Liter 4 (200HP) is cheaper than a 2.8 Liter 6 (193HP)

Insurance also cheaper for the Honda cause 4 Zylinder front wheel drive "safer" and in the BMW 6 Zylinder rear wheel drive ( BMW e46 #2 car of idiots #1 is Golf GTI)
>>
>>17808434
Zylinder is German for Cylinder
google it
>>
>>17808455
Oh shit m8, ya got me
>>
>>17808437
Thats optional interior. You know what optional means?
>>
>>17808459
Tse Lindä
Cie Linder
>>
>>17808429
Germany has cold winters right? Northern at least has I'm sure, so get the honda. Bmw and mercedes are ubiquitous in germany so the honda will set you apart from the crowd. I'm a major bmw enthusiast but I live in the US where everyone drives American and Japanese cars so for me it's the opposite. Plus my car came with leather seats and heating.
>>
>>17808468
Yes, but the south (Alps) more than the north (North Sea).
I live rural in the southern part so yes front wheel drive would be better. Time after time in the Winter I see 5 Series and C Classes on the side of the road.
german "Dads" and there 3.0 Diesel autotratic Wagon....
>>
>>17808539
Yeah the fwd will have much better traction in those conditions with much less slippage. Plus the heated leather seats will keep you comfortable. Hope you enjoy the car, my mom drives a honda and it's on 200k miles running perfectly, they're solid. My bimmer is solid as well but I live in a hot climate otherwise I would have gotten a different car or very good winter tires.
>>
What's a decent price to pay for a 5th gen Prelude in burgerland?
>>
>>17808558
Okay. thank you very much for the Conversation. If i had enough money i would just buy a e90 6 Zylinder but im just 21 years old. BMW and Honda are both good cars.
I will call on Tuesday the salesman
>>
>>17808401
Can confirm, out of my 3 ludes the only auto I have has a blown gearbox (its a parts car)
>>
>>17808344
Prelude, more power, more reliable, cheaper to fix and looks way better. RWD is a meme if youre not tracking it.
>>
To make this clear:

OP is a twenty year old German from the northern part of the Bavaria. He asks on this american Website if he should buy a japanese car.....

What the fuck. GET THE BMW! You are german and dont want a german car!?!?!?
>>
Is this worth a look?

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1998-honda-prelude-5-speed/6290257230.html
>>
>>17810329
Being an unrepentant fanboy helps nobody, you're no better than the normal range who suck ferrari's dick 24/7. The BMW is technically inferior to the Prelude in nearly every respect, it's a much better purchase
>>
>>17810329
>you should only buy cars from your country
Awful advice. Maybe he wants something a little more exotic and interesting in his part of the world.
Or maybe he just wants a better car that fits his needs better. Country of origin is irrelevant beyond being a badgewhore.
>>
>>17810348
>check engine light
>red maintenance minder (hasn't been reset in over 10k miles)
>high school owned
No.
>>
>>17808344
late e36
>>
>>17810348
>207k miles
>high school owner
>Check engine light is on
>leaks and burn oil

Buy a Ford Focus MK1 for ~ 2000 $
>>
>>17810329
the e46 is the bavarian camry even when they were new
>>
>>17808867
Of course my friend, good luck with the car

I know what you mean too, I bought my bmw at 21 but my mom helped me with some of the cost but it was only 11,000. The important thing is to have a car that is both reliable and enjoyable, I hope whatever car you decide to buy will be exactly that for you.
>>
>>17808867

This is the car

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=244945787&ambitCountry=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelId=17&pageNumber=2&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&fnai=next
>>
>>17811290
This
>>
>>17811305
I don't see a manual mentioned
>>
>>17808344
As someone with both an e36 and a prelude, i can safely say the prelude has a more enjoyable/comfortable driving position. However, the rwd e36 is infinate fun.
Admittedly, my prelude is only 2.0i, and the e36 is only 1.8.
But thats my 2 cents.
Funny how your asking about 2 cars i actually own (ish)
Im sure you will enjoy either.
Oh, and watch out for water pump/cooling failure in the bmw, it can happen esp with older ones
>>
>>17811487
Schaltgetriebe = Manuel

look the pictures
>>
>>17811781
Yeah, i can buy one of them. I'll buy the Honda prelud in Munich
>>
>>17811800
I picked up the prelude for £200, and got it road worthy again for another £180-odd. So i use it primarily for hooning, and its glorious knowing that it didnt cost an arm and a leg if it wrecks lol
Avoid autos tho, as anon said previously, ive also heard horror stories about the gearboxes when you rag them.
The beemer is seemigly invincible though, im surprised the clutch has taken the abuse it gets without giving in.
What are your price options like in the motherland?
>>
>>17811893
I Don't understand what you want for me
>>
>>17813882
"What are your price options like in the motherland?"

What?
>>
>>17808344
Depends on condition and how much you can afford to shovel into maintenance.

If the Lude is in shit condition I'd pass on it. If both Lude and BMW are in good condition Lude has edge on ease/cost to maintain (although still not as cheap as you'd think).

As for driving characteristics BMW will have comfier interior and more neutral handling because it's RWD, but the Honda will have a different feel to it. It's a revvy little beast and definitely fun in it's own right. It comes down to preference, although most would probably go for BMW.
>>
>>17808437
>Engine size decides trim
what?
>>
>>17810359
>technically inferior
>inline 6 rwd car with 50/50 weight balance is inferior to a fwd 4 banger
WTF am i reading
>>
https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=244945787&ambitCountry=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelId=17&pageNumber=2&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&fnai=next

or

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=244466351&ambitCountry=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelId=17&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING
>>
>>17816036
The first because it's the H22A, since they're both manual, and 208k km isn't shit on one of those
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.