[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am looking for light used trucks. Is there any other brand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 258377.jpg (41KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
258377.jpg
41KB, 900x600px
I am looking for light used trucks.

Is there any other brand out there to look at besides Mazda B series and Ford Ranger. Looking for something over 100k miles to take me to 250k.

Tacomas are literally priced 3x what they are worth so they not under consideration.

I'm leaning towards the 4cyl trims atm.
>>
>>17807554
Just get a 90s Ford Ranger. They're easy to find and it'll last you a while if you maintain it.
>>
>>17807554
JEEP COMANCHE
danger ranger
Sonoma / s10
'Rado
Nissan trucks that are occasionally around
Mazda b2000s
Chevy/Isuzu lite trucks

I think I'm out.
>>
>>17807561
Was really looking at post 2000 but I'll look.

It's been hard to find a decent one on the market.

>>17807571
Is Chevy S10 really trustworthy
>>
>>17807554
S10 and Sonoma, Datsun/Nissan 720, Nissan D21 (hardbody).
I'm assuming you're looking for a small truck given your post, and probably something daily driveable so Couriers and older Mazdas and Datsuns are out of the question
>>
>>17807554
>>17807583
Oh yeah, and maybe the Chevy Luv/Isuzu pup.
Getting a diesel pup might be pretty choice depending on what you're really looking for.
>>
>>17807583
Yea looking for small truck to daily and occasional carry light shit.

Biggest concern is buying something that will last for 100k more miles if it's maintained
>>
>>17807579
The s10 is pretty fucking good, especially if you find a sticc shift.

Belive me most of these Smol work horse trucks are very reliable and the worst part about them is that they're used for work and miss maintainence schedules and treated like shit which leads to them failing down the line and angry 'POS BROKE DOWN NEVER BUY ONE' posting.

Also add Dakota to the list of trucks, but it's only avaliable minimum with a 6 banger.
>>
>>17807602
Forgot about the Dakota. Add the Dodge 50 and Mitsu Mighty Max to the list as well
>>
>>17807561
>>17807579
>>17807599
I have a 1992 ford ranger, the 4 cylinder one, and it currently has about 263k miles on it.

Runs good, only thing I've had to replace since I've had it (got it around 200k) was the alternator and tires.

The only real downside to it is the suspension is rough as fuck, but if you don't plan on long ass roadtrips or anything, you'll be fine.
>>
Are Tacomas really that overpriced?

We have a little bit if the same here with the Hilux. A 2003 Hilux with 120 000 miles, no rust except a few non-dangerous on the frame, no ABS, AC or equipment will cost you the same as a 2008 Nissan Navara with fewer miles, much more power, bigger payload and toe limit, actual equipment and more

Then again, the Toyotas have a lot fewer problems
>>
S10's ar fairly reliable and pretty cheap. My 2001 s10 is at 185k miles. Only major problem was the fuel pump needed to be replaced. Currently has a power steering fluid leak, but hopefully that won't be too hard to fix.
>>
>>17809187

Tacomas with over 250k miles all going for well over 5000
>>
>>17809807
Most near 10k
>>
>>17809807
>>17809811

Where could you possibly be that they're so expensive?

I'm in the mid-atlantic US and got my 97 Taco for 3000 with 150K mi, just watch craigslist like a hawk until something good comes up.
>>
>>17810355
Most likely in an area that doesn't salt roads. I live in CA and light pickups with over 100k easily fetch a pretty penny
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.