[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plastidip vs Vinyl vs paint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0072.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0072.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I have around 500$ to spend to fix up the exterior (Mainly just the paint). Car runs great and the interior is very clean. Only has to get me through college, maybe a year or two after. Which one is the best for the price? Pic related, first and current car.
>>
For $500?
Definitely plastidip. Look up how to actually apply it, though. It will only look good if you do it right.
>>
>>17807220

sand it down properly and buy $500 worth of spray paint and clear coat.
>>
>>17807220
do a rustoleum roller
takes some practice to get the right consistency/method but its going to look tons better than anything you can afford on that budget
>>
>>17807230
Any recommendations?
>>17807237
Is this a real suggestion?
>>17807243
Would I have to sand it first?

How long would these things take?
>>
>>17807271
Any method of painting is going to require prep work, and 99% of painting anything comes down to the prep work. Rustoleum rolling is going to look the best on your budget, but if you dont have access to a sealed area or can park the car for at least a weekend, you may end up with a lousy finish.
There's plenty of links on how to paint your car with rustoleum rollers, here's one
http://www.cartalk.com/blogs/craig-fitzgerald/how-paint-car-bucket-rust-oleum-and-roller
>>
>>17807305
Does the car need to be in a garage to do this?
>>
File: 6LYgyJM.jpg (324KB, 1720x910px) Image search: [Google]
6LYgyJM.jpg
324KB, 1720x910px
And get a nice cheap lip kit online, they're less, than $100 for he whole kit, and it will make driving/looking at your car a little less embarrassing
And if you can down the road get some cheap wheels those help alot with the look as well
>>
>>17807220
You'll need that $500 for other things, bro.
>>
>>17807653
Preferably, if you can't do it in a garage, do it in the shade away from trees/dust/condensation.
>>
>>17807220
>putting anything more than the bare minimum into a car you'll only have for a year or two
don't even bother
you'll have $500 more to spend on your next car at the end of the day
>>
>>17808236
Dude don't suggest a lip kit lol. Cheap paint jobs look good for the money, until you do something like this and then it turns into rice.
>>
>>17807220
Clean the hood, order a large section of vinyl in your car's color online.
Then wrap that shit.
Cheapest and most college-effective way.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490307378729.jpg (71KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490307378729.jpg
71KB, 960x600px
>>17808436
2000 bodykits is rice, putting on a cheap type-r or si lip kit is pretty tame and makes a boring low trim civic a little easier on the eyes..
>>
>>17808279
I don't.
>>17808438
Not just the hood is fucked
>>17808428
By the time I get a new car, I would have already spent this money on other dumb shit.
>>
>>17807220
Stop faggot. Don't do anything. save until you can get a complete new paint job. Don't half-ass anything.
>>
>>17809340
then get some fucking discipline or wind up poor your whole life
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.