[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car starting issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hell/o/
My car is having trouble starting. If I push the clutch straight in and turn the key the car doesnt start, the lights come on but no clicking or turning over.
If I push the clutch in at an angle to the right or left it starts right up.
It doesnt matter if its in or out of gear.
The car is a 1996 toyota tercel.
Any ideas what it could be? I'm stumped.
>>
>>17806805
sounds like the clutch safety switch desu
>>
>>17806910
See, I thought that until I discovered how it worked when I pushed in at an angle.
A boomer car guy told me I'd probably have to change the clutch because of that. But it never slips or feels bad.

Is there a good way to test if it is for sure the clutch safety switch
>>
>>17807006
Not much else it can be - the angle of the pedal doesnt affect the movement of the clutch itself

Find the switch and play around with it
>>
>>17806805
It is definitely the safety switch. The switch prevents the starter from engaging unless the clutch is fully depressed (this is to prevent people starting it in gear). You may have to adjust the position of the switch, or replace it, or you could just bypass it
>>
File: mr2 3sge diagnostic codes.png (1010KB, 2084x1078px) Image search: [Google]
mr2 3sge diagnostic codes.png
1010KB, 2084x1078px
Try diagnosing it with these codes my dude. They're for SW20 MR2's but they may work

The way you test is to put a paperclip and push it into the holes on your diagnostic interface a la the image, then move to the driver's seat, turn the key to on but not ignition and check the beats

1-1,2 should be what you're looking for if it's a starter motor issue
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.