[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, my girlfriend is about to buy a 04 civic from a dealer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 2180988165828222200.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2180988165828222200.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
Hello, my girlfriend is about to buy a 04 civic from a dealer. I've never went through a dealer as I think they're overpriced so I'm inexperienced in negotiating.

How much extra should we expect to pay in fees etc besides plating, registration and insurance?

Also how much would you try to negotiate down from a $3,900 list price?

any and all help is 110% appreciated it. long time lurker.
>>
dont go to a dealer
>>
>>17804547
never buy a shitbox from a dealer.
>>
>>17804661
>>17804677

It isn't my decision. I've told her it's a bad decision but she's made her mind up

Any advice is appreciated if anyone has advice from buying from a dealer. Thanks!
>>
>>17804684
post your local craigslist we'll find some better options you might could entice her with.
>>
>>17804684
What model and mileage?

Unless it's an EX with <100k miles you're being jewed for paying more than 3k

Post local craigslist
>>
>>17804547
>3900 dollarydoos for a 7th gen civic
No, absolutely no
>>17804684
I am certain you can find similar Civics in your local ads for literally half the cost. That should be enough incentive for her to change her mind
>>
Can we stick to the question?, I'm also interested in the "extra" costs when buying a 7th Gen Civic
>>
>>17805714
Sales tax and property tax. Dealer documentation fees are bullshit.
>>
Unless the miles are >110k and they include a full warranty on engine and drive drive train, that's a lot of cash for a 14 year old car. Craigslist has great deals if you're patient but obviously no warranties so you need to know cars or know someone who knows what working on cars is about. Not a person who mods cars, a person who maintains cars. There is a difference.
>>
>>17805714
They like to blow headgaskets for some reason. It sucks.
If you are really going to buy a 14 year old civic from a dealership for 3900, it better be an EX model with nice options and come with a warranty
>>
>>17804684

dump her ass faster than BP dumped in the Gulf
>>
>>17805780
Ummm.... sweetie you have to pay Uncle Sam.
>>
The dealer is better because you know it will work well. Craigslist is a crap shoot so many people try unloading their troublesome cars thru there.
>>
I paid 3k for my 04 Civic EX, and I think tgat was a fair price. Unless its <100k miles, its not worth 3900 dollars.
>>
>>17805950
>The dealer is better because you know it will work well.
Are we talking about some shitty used car lot or a real dealer like ford or honda with some used shit on the lot? Because my experience with used car lots is, they are experts at covering up what's wrong with the car. Better than any Craigslist flipper because it's literally their profession.

One time i checked out a really clean eclipse at this used lot and let the dude think I knew nothing about cars. Asked him what color the oil was supposed to be when we pulled the dipstick out "oh black is fine". Asked why smoke was pooling out the exhaust "cold start, it's just some condensation". Why when I revved it I could here a ticking "just a noisy belt". The car literally had a blown head gasket and what sounded like a bent rod and the fucked never even disclosed it with me. Would've, and probably did, and up selling the car to some unsuspecting normie thinking he was getting a deal.

Fuck stealerships
>>
>>17804547
I drive the exact same car, down to the color. mine is an LX with 101,000 miles, been driving it since 80,000 and it's been great. you won't be disappointed if it's been kept up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.