[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do new cars have electronic parking brakes? Whay happens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

Why do new cars have electronic parking brakes?

Whay happens if the battery dies? Does car roll?
>>
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>17804434
You're a big guy.
>>
>>17804434
>>17804434
>>17804434
>>17804434
>>
File: 6ee.jpg (58KB, 680x661px) Image search: [Google]
6ee.jpg
58KB, 680x661px
>>17804450
UUUU
>>
>>17804423
Nothing genius the parking brake stays engaged its an electric motor motors can only be activated when energized all the car does is reverse the polarity to engage and disengage.
>>
Or just put the car in first gear
>>
My friend let me drive his parents car cause he was drunk. The parking brake would automatically disengage when you started accelerating. Was strange.
>>
>>17804646
The death of tray skidz ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>17804423
>why do new cars
Because you save an enormous amount of space in the center console which is beneficial for comfort and utility
>>
File: electric-windows.jpg (30KB, 336x220px) Image search: [Google]
electric-windows.jpg
30KB, 336x220px
>>17804423
Why do new cars have electronic windows?

What happens if the battery dies? Do the windows roll down?
>>
>>17804707
A normal handbrake is fine though. And allows hektik skidz to impress the gyaldem
>>
>>17804423
The brake is static and self locking. Dumb way to describe it would be a motor pulling the handbrake for you. Kinda hard to tow it when it drains tho.
>>
>>17804423
>tfw hektik handbrake skids are kill
>>
>>17804707
This is what whales think.
>>
>>17805503
That's possible, whales and dolphins are very smart.
>>
>>17805478
I mean if by hard you mean connecting a jump starter battery to the terminals and pushing a button then yeah
>>
>>17804757
Why do new cars use the exact same icon on the window switches? Were different-looking icons too confusing to Americans?
>>
>>17805483
Drove my dads Passat one winter night which hand an electronic handbrake. It's still possible (at least in the Passat B7) but weird because you smoothly transition into a skid as the handbrake takes a second to engage. Had a friend of mine in the passenger seat who was drunk off his ass and desperately tried to assess the situation...to no avail.
>>
>>17806220
Why would a company make 4 different switches when they can just make one?
>>
>>17804707
Two of my cars have the handbrake between the driver's door and the seat, one of them it pulls up to engage then sits back to down be out of the way, and one has it as a 4th pedal by the dead pedal.
Space is not an acceptable argument for switching to an electronic handbrake.
>>
Not an engineer, but if I was I'd probably make the e-brake failsafe.

Ie it needs power to hold it off. When power goes it activates.

>But boohoo when I break down I can't push it

You'll thank me when you car doesn't roll down a hill because you left the headlamps on.
>>
>>17806298
How about convenience? It's a handbrake dude, its job is to keep the car from rolling away
The only people who care about no more manual hand brakes are fuccbois in Civics who think they're drifting when they yank on it in a snowy parking lot
>>
>>17806275
No, I mean different companies using the same exact icon. Like look at GM, Ford, and Chrysler window switches. They all have the same symbol. It wasn't always like that.
>>
>>17806449
Standardization?
You might as well complain about the power symbol being the same on every product.
>>
>>17806449
Ask their parts suppliers
>>
>>17806298
or you could add a mechanical override
>>
>>17804423
>Weight
>Cost
>Complexity
>Interior design

And they don't need power to hold them closed. If they did, it'd drain your battery.

It takes power to turn it on, and power to turn it off. It basically just locks in place.
They probably screw some threaded piece into place, but I'm not sure on the specifics.
>>
The parking brake motors seize the rear rotors when it's engaged. The car won't move unless you disengage them.

>somehow drain Audi A4 B8 battery
>jump cables in the trunk
>electronic trunk release won't open
>emergency trunk release in the trunk
>rear seats don't fold down

Thanks, Audi.
>>
>>17806678
what no folding seats? get the fucking wagon then
>>
how do u drift without a handbrake
>>
>>17807061
Weight transfer.
>>
>>17807061
eurobeat playing loudly
>>
>>17806678
>can't stick your key inside to unlock
>no cabin trunk release
Audi makes shit cars apparently
>>
Wait electric ebrakes are on economy cars now? Fuck me I thought this was just luxery shit. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a mechanic e brake. Fuck this world.
>>
>>17807061
by not driving a wrong wheel drive car
>>
>>17807061
>not knowing how to oversteer via weight shifting
>>
>>17808178
Have you only just realised this?
>>
>>17806387
>make it mechanic
>batterie dies
>car won´t roll away
>push car to rolling start
>car starts
>>
>>17807061
>left foot braking
>inertial drift
>>
>>17806220
Why does every OS use a floppy disk icon for the save button?
>>
>>17806387
>implying the auto trans wouldn't catch the car if it started to roll

electronic parking brakes are unexcusable
>>
>>17804434
For you
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.