[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

e46 appreciation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: e46 Manuel.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
e46 Manuel.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
Would the M3 e46 increase in price or decrease? In Australia the cheapest Manual e46 is around $27k on top of that it's stock. Would it be better to buy one now or wait it out?
>>
>>17803667
I think it'll keep increasing to a point where maintenance will be inevitable and then it'll drop back down

So basically a gaussian/bell end curve
>>
>>17803672
Was it the same with the e30?
>>
>>17803672
the maintenance is not even that bad
it's not a very complicated car/engine
>>
dont factory painted red ones go for 50k?
>>
>>17803946
>not an expensive engine
I feel like this is a meme perpetuated by BMW owners trying to justify their purchase. Yes, this engine is fine until the VANOS system shits itself, which is hugely expensive.

I wouldn't be surprised if it kept going up, OP. It is a great car. I don't think you should ever buy a car that's under 500k as an 'investment', but I don't think you'd lose any money in depreciation through your ownership, which is great.

Since you're in Australia, some of the other cars to look out for which will continue to spike will be the R32/34 skylines and the last generation of Monaros (Z-series). I was looking at getting a CV8Z a few years back and I wish I did; they were like 20k back then now you're looking at least $35-40k for a good one. I want that Goldy orange or light blue one.
>>
>>17804248
Oh and if you get a HSV coupe you'll be laffing.
>>
>>17804248
where did I say it's not expensive?
I said it's not complicated.
A BMW can run fine with a broken VANOS system and a VANOS repair kit costs about $60-65.
People who don't know much about BMWs just have heard about the most common issues and think it's a big deal or something.
>>
E46 M3?

Before you buy one check the subframe for any cracks.

Also check the cooling system, the expansion tank often cracks leading to coolant loss.

A car with a new looking expansion tank can be a good or a bad thing, good in that its possibly been well maintained, bad in that it might of over-heated previously and the owners trying to sell it due to issues.
>>
File: S54Bearings160000km.jpg (336KB, 2048x1000px) Image search: [Google]
S54Bearings160000km.jpg
336KB, 2048x1000px
>>17804471
I recommend doing the upper chain guide, beisan oil disk and new bolts while you're in there.

Also, rod bearings. Did mine at 160000kms, pic related. Heard a stealership wanted $8k for that+vanos work on m3forum, that's pretty crazy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.