[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boomers and cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: dmNiHMQ.png (215KB, 624x861px) Image search: [Google]
dmNiHMQ.png
215KB, 624x861px
Why do boomers always "I know whats I's got"? Why do they try and overprice there shitboxs with this meme?
>be me
>boomer neighbour selling clapped out 68 GTO
>"ran when parked"
>ya in 1973
>wants 8000$
>iknowwhatsigots.jpg
>offer him 4000$
>he responds with "ill just fix it up for that price"
>no GTO for me
Like fuck earl your not fixing the car up your 70 with stage 3 lung cancer you aint fixing shit. Nobodies paying 8grand for a 60 year old car with no floors no interior a motor and trans seized solider than a fat chicks shitter after an all you can eat taco bell date and quarter panels you could shove a sudway footlong sandwich through vertically and not touch fucking metal.

TLDR.. Boomer hate thread?
>pic related how boomers sound when they "knows what they got"
>>
File: chad_composition.jpg (230KB, 1402x736px) Image search: [Google]
chad_composition.jpg
230KB, 1402x736px
Something something bad taste in cartoons.
>>
Just cause you are too poor to afford it shouldnt make you hate a whole generation of ppl.
>>
>>17801025

Because they know that a value of something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

If they hold out long enough, they will eventually get what they're asking. And usually they aren't in a rush to sell.
>>
>>17801036
Nah he moved it the back of his farm its never gonna sell
>>
>>17801025
Give it 12 more years
They'll all either be dead or shitting themselves in nursing homes and their kids will sell it for pennies

Bonus points for hit loads of jobs opening up in those 10 years too
>>
File: P1000482.jpg (254KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
P1000482.jpg
254KB, 1000x750px
>>17801025
Then don't pay more than something's worth- Keep your eyes peeled, stay vigilant, be ready to drop everything and pull the trigger if something is what you want for the right price. I had to keep my ear to the ground for a good year to get my GTO for the price I wanted.

>pic related, what 4300 bucks got me
>>
>>17801033
Fuck yeah XRA was the shit dude
>>
>>17801025
It's the same reason people play the lottery - they think that at some point, they're just going to magically end up with a shitload of cash in their bank account in return for very little effort.

Difference is, there's a higher chance of some idiot with more money than sense coming along to buy your rusted heap than there is you winning the Powerball, and if everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't you?
>>
>>17801045
If they hold out long enough, most of the boomer collectors will be dead and no one will give a shit about classic cars. Then OP can buy the turd at scrap value.
>>
File: 20170606_093733.jpg (3MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170606_093733.jpg
3MB, 2576x1932px
>>17801591
Pretty much this, I got lucky when I got my falcon, the guy was moving and lost interest in fixing it up, on top of that he saw how much I liked the car, and cut a extra 700 dollars out of for me, just so I get the car DD ready for college. If I ever meet him again i'am going to get a good bottle of wine or something.

Pic is car, got it for 1000 bucks, most of the trim was off at the time since he was going to paint it, but he got bored with it.
>>
They expected everything they have to go up in value not down
>>
Nice. Drove a 62 Falcon no AC from Corpus Christi back home to SF when I got out of the service. I would not mind having one today. A Dart. Valiant or Nova would wwork too. Even a Galaxie despite the size.
>>
File: 20170813_114457.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170813_114457.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>>17802140
Funny enough when I got spare keys, there was american bald eagle on it, and on top of that It also had a mini license plate with a veteran association of Ohio. Plus the car was made in New jersey but has original 1960s Cali plates. This ones a 64, futura model. And I got it in Chico, and hauled it back to Fairfield.

Galaxies are nice, although I prefer thunderbirds to them. Almost got 72 dart swinger but the guy was acting weird. Same goes for a 64 valiant. Novas are nice, but everyone wanted a arm and leg for one.

Heres the car now for reference. She had no interior when I got her.
>>
>>17801025
I'm hung up on the fat chick's shitter. If she ate a bunch of taco bell she'd be blasting the brown like a smelly sprinkler. You say the engine would be seized up solider than this instance? Doesn't seem very solider. Also wtf is a solider?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.