[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cehvy Bolt Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot (532).png (2MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (532).png
2MB, 1360x768px
So why aren't you buying a Chevy Bolt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ogGZXmepY
>>
Cause if I buy an ev it will be a tesla. And that's not because I think the bolt is a bad car. I've done a lot of research on it and I would have considered one if it wasn't for the subpar infrastructure to charge it away from the home.

Inb4 tesla shill
>>
there would be so many better EVs on the market right now if car companies weren't so goddamn dumb. i.e.:

>not having fast charging capabilities STANDARD
>having holdovers from ICE cars: fake grilles, fake exhaust, fake engine noise
>sub 200 mile range. No fucking excuse. The new i3 is the worst. $45000 car and you get 100 miles? What the fuck.
>stupid stylings
>sticking the batteries in a big clump in the rear. Just do them in a rectangle under the chassis, jeez. It's better in every way.

no wonder people want a TM3; it blows the other subpar EVs out of the water. Can't wait for all of these 1st gen EVs to hit the used market. Despite them being pretty poorly thought out, I wouldn't say no to a 7k used egolf or leaf.
>>
speaking of which, if you want a cheap leaf before the 2018 one hits, some states that have PSE&G as a utility are adding 10k ontop of the 7.5k incentive for leafs. That's $17,500 off of a leaf.
>>
>>17800597
because I'm not a rich yuppie fag who needs green eco points to look cool in front of my wife's son
>>
>>17800767
people don't buy EVs to be good to the environment, at least in my experience.

The six people I know who drive EVs do so because:
-cheaper
-fast and unique, also get to use the carpool lane (sub-500 S/N Tesla Roadster owner)
-cool
-cool & cheap
-cheaper

It's a meme imo.
>>
>>17800790
*the sixth is also cool & cheap for his reason.

Cheap as in cheaper to operate by the way.
>>
>>17800790
>cheaper

they aren't though
>>
>>17800767
>look cool in front of my wife's son
WHy would you even do that?
>>
>>17800801
these are mainly well-to-do people who don't really consider buying used. For them, getting 7.5k off of a new car and then paying basically nothing for gas is cheaper. Mean new car price is 35k in the US. Median is like 10k though...
>>
>>17800808
even with new cars you'd be better off buying a cheap gas ecobox instead of an electric car
>>
>>17800812
for many people, yes. Not all people though. Cheap ecoboxes are only like 35% of car sales.
>>
File: dsc_8024a.jpg (206KB, 915x596px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_8024a.jpg
206KB, 915x596px
>>17800597
Because I can't afford a $37k shitbox, and if I could I sure as hell wouldn't spend that much on an EV. I'd get a G8 GXP for that money.
>>
>don't care for an EV
>wouldn't even care for a Tesla
>don't care for a Chevy
>don't care for a GM in general
>don't have money for a new car
>my shitbox I have now is sufficient, rather spend my money on drugs
>>
Ah yes let me buy this 40k GM electric car that'll be too expensive to repair in 4 years when the batteries go to shit so I end up selling it on cl for 10k
Good idea
>>
>>17800614
>0.5 amps have been deposited into your wall charger
>>
>>17800850
you again with the
>battery degradation
meme. Just do some research you fuck. Well-used teslas that are now hitting 200-300k miles are seeing losses of 7-14% Over that period of time you save big on both maintenance and fuel. It's quite economical if you keep it around. The thing is, even if you have a fluke and you get 20% losses after five years of heavy driving that's.... all that happens. Your range goes down. Nothing actually critical to the car's function is hampered.
>>
>>17800860
>range goes down
>Nothing actually critical
kek
>>
>>17800819
pretty much all electric cars everyone is selling (besides the model s and x) are just ecoboxes
>>
>>17800899
correct! I do think it will take the model Y to get other companies to start diversifying EV offerings. Man extra 8% of battery density wouldn't hurt too
>>
DougScore was low, wait for the KAT (Kilmer Amperage Test) scores to come in.
>>
>>17800857
>le ancient ctr may may

>>17800868
>"""kek"""

Back to /pol/, right-wing retards. This is a car board, now fuck off.
>>
File: vl6a28ky089z.jpg (142KB, 824x960px) Image search: [Google]
vl6a28ky089z.jpg
142KB, 824x960px
>>17801199
>he gets triggered by right wingers
>>
>>17800597
Because I don't drive appliance cars.
>>
>>17800597
If I ever bought an EV it would be off the used market after their insane depreciation.
>>
>>17801361
To be fair, teslas actually have quite low depreciation. But all other EVs, yes
>>
File: chart.png (64KB, 1040x607px) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
64KB, 1040x607px
>>17800850
you'll still have 80% after 500,000 miles.
>>
File: chart-2.png (37KB, 1040x607px) Image search: [Google]
chart-2.png
37KB, 1040x607px
>>17802750
zoomed out for reference

source: https://steinbuch.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/tesla-model-s-battery-degradation-data/
>>
>>17800597
Probably consider buying one now because of Doug
It's will be the Android to the Apple faggotry of Tesla.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.