[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is O's ultimate See America Car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: 1503679858168.jpg (59KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1503679858168.jpg
59KB, 1200x675px
I am planning on going on a long America Tour next year.

I want to go visit all the national parks do some camping and hiking.

A top priority is having a great drive while I am doing it. A car that can handle the beautiful curves with a lot of fun, but still isn't shit on long stretches of straight road.

I don't really want to spend more the 10k. Here are some of the criteria I am trying to balance.

-Some space, I want to at least hold some camping gear. A Miata trunk might get the job done. Corvette wont.
-Fun in the curves
- Not bad at cruising highway speeds aren't punishment
- can be sat in for 8 hours without too much pain.
- Not horrid MPG
- No glaring Reliability issues that would leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere.

I feel like BMW is an obvious choice for this criterion. These of some of the cars I was thinking off.
BMW e90 328i
8th gen civic Si
GTI
RX8- Shit MPG - more worried about reliability.

what would O choose?
>>
non molested gti or ms3
>>
Something American of course. When I went to the US they wanted to give me a Toyota or Nissan or something for a rental, and I upgaded until I got a Grand Marquis.
>>
>>17799977
He said he wanted a good experience.
>>
>>17799987
It was a good experience. Seats like TV armchairs, trunk like a storage unit, cornering really does not fucking matter in the US unless you drive your rental up and down Pikes Peak all fucking week long.
>>
File: tumblr_mrfnua6jjZ1sqxw6oo1_1280.jpg (220KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrfnua6jjZ1sqxw6oo1_1280.jpg
220KB, 1024x768px
Big old American land barge
>>
File: 800x600_2701379574382.jpg (80KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
800x600_2701379574382.jpg
80KB, 720x540px
Corvettes hold way more than a Miata, your europoor is showing.

Lincoln Mark viii. It's Lincolns last performance car, has air suspension while having a Mustang Cobra engine in it. It'll be reliable enough for a road trip.

LS1 GM. There should be some Camaros, Firebirds, and 2004 Pontiac GTOs going below $10k these days, some even in manual.

C4 Corvette, I wouldn't but it's still a choice.

2003-2011 Lincoln Town Car/Mercury Grand Marquis/Ford Crown Victoria. Real American large car, standard V8, basically a mustang powertrain. These years have rack and pinion steering, the frame was made stronger than ever. Use the rest of your money on performance tires and it'll handle extremely well.
>>
>Land in international airport
>Craigslist that area: Grand Touring
>>
merica
>>
Rent a Tahoe. Not even lying, other then the cornering, which if you've ever driven American roads you know isn't important it's rides like a dream, can get through almost anything on and off road, has room and comfort, and fuel economy on newer models isn't terrible. I rented one for some running around in the badlands and Rockies a couple years ago and I still haven't shook the urge to go buy one after that trip. And I'm a diehard sedan driver.
>>
File: IMG_0449.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0449.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>17799969
I'm gonna get shit for this but

A Challenger. Seriously.

The most comfy car I've been in, would drive all over America in that bitch.

I got 30 hand calculated mpg on the highway.
>>
>>17800037
GTO is a great See America Choice.
>>
>>17800162
Challenger is a good cruiser car.

Not much of A twisty road car.
>>
File: IMG_0530.jpg (439KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0530.jpg
439KB, 1920x1080px
>>17800205
It is though. America is not full of twists. You may come upon some mountain twisties but they'll be packed with tourists and a 35mph limit. You're better off getting something that leans more towards comfort than something that handles good. Especially for a cross country road trip.
>>
>>17800205
>muh sports car because one set of mentionworthy twisties in the entire journey
>>
>>17800162
And you don't have to worry about getting stopped by any pesky protestors. They should all know to move for a Challenger by now.
>>
File: IMG_0518.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0518.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17800233
kek

That's a perk too
>>
>>17799969
If we're going by american cars currently in production.

Coupe: Challenger
Hatch: Focus ST
Sedan: Charger RT/Chevrolet SS
Crossover: Cadillac XT5
SUV: Yukon Denali
>>
File: Red Shark.jpg (79KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
Red Shark.jpg
79KB, 640x428px
Fuck practicality and get yourself a proper American highway barge since that's the grand majority of what you'll be doing. Have a bit of style and class while you see America. Even if you can't get a pristine looking one there's plenty of old land yachts available for less than $10,000.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.