[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of Infinitis QX4s? I already ruled out the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1999-infiniti-qx4-10.jpg (272KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1999-infiniti-qx4-10.jpg
272KB, 1600x1200px
What does /o/ think of Infinitis QX4s?

I already ruled out the default Nissan Pathfinder because I NEED leather seats.
>>
Their alright. A lot like a Hardbody with a VG33 wrapped in a unibody frame. Handy offroad and compliant on road.
Although, a gen 2.5 Montero exceed is similar, but better in most ways.
>>
>>17799079
>better in most ways.

except being rustproof, electric gremlins, and interior quality
>>
>>17799085
All of that is bullshit. Only real problem with them is the vacuum operated free-wheeling system can be fickle with higher mileage vehicles (easy cheap fix if you understand the system) and they drive a bit more like a truck than the R50 Nissan does.
>>
>>17799121
On that note, another honourable mention is the Gen 3 Montero. They moved to a unibody frame and independent suspension all round (still just as much articulation as the outgoing torsion bar IFS/three link coil rear) with a larger more accommodating interior.
>>
Was never a fan of anything infiniti
>>
We have a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder with leather seats, so idk wtf you're talking about but ok

They are pretty reliable cars, provided that we bought ours off the lot brand new and have taken good care of it in the past 150k miles. Not very many things have failed other than the basic wear and tear items, and their pretty basic to work on.

I would definitely recommend a 2001+ plus model of either car, because that's when they got the 3.5 engine with 240hp, as opposed to the 170hp 3.3.

And despite not being bof they handle fucking great offroad with 4l/4h, don't listen to the retards complaining that it's unibody
>>
>>17799281
Don't think anybody complained about it being unibody
>>
>I already ruled out the default Nissan Pathfinder because I NEED leather seats.
Then just ignore the SE/XE trim levels. LEs are more likely to have leather seats anyway.
I would also get anything that's an 01 or newer. A VG33 would just feel way underpowered. Not really much of an aftermarket for performance parts either. Seals around the oil cooler are prone to leaking and the stock head-unit's disc changer will almost always be broken.

With that said I feel like the R50 generation (2001-04 refresh) was pretty solid platform, speaking as someone who daily'd an 01 Pathy for over 10 years.
>>
>>17799281
>We have a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder with leather seats, so idk wtf you're talking about but ok
It's pretty hard to find LE Pathfinders on CL for less than 4k, my budget is $2500 max and QX4s are surprisingly abundant in this range.
>>
>>17801369
In your case I'd happily go the infinite.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.