[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When doing a deliver job which is better for damage control,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1503287933422.jpg (205KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503287933422.jpg
205KB, 1080x1080px
When doing a deliver job which is better for damage control, turning the car on and off or letting it idle? Been doing Uber and can't decide
>>
Post her fuckin pusy now!!!!!!
>>
OPEN BOB
>>
Idling uses more fuel than starting.
>>
>>17797449
post her IG anon and ill answer your question
>>
>>17797470
This
>>
leaving it running is better
>>
wait god damn ive been in this country too god damn long. you shouldnt idle the car, its the german way. even stopped at railroad crossings you should turn the car off and in the mornings you shouldnt idle the car to warm it up, drive it but without too much load.
>>
the UPS driver always shuts off his truck when dropping off packages, so I'm guessing a bean counter somewhere decided that was most efficient
>>
>>17797521
that's rare
every mail man and ups guy i've seen delivers while truck is running
>>
>>17797454
>>17797470
she is so average hbt
>>
>>17797501

Fuck that. Idling is freedom. I idle my lawnmower and even the shower.
>>
Idling is better. Keeps the engine at operating temperature and oil flowing.
>>
>>17797533
You are fucking gay hbt
>>
>>17797521
>the UPS driver always shuts off his truck when dropping off packages
It depends on the deliveray area. At business type locations, the truck is often shut down. In my residential neighborhood which is very safe, the truck is left on as the UPS guy drops the package at the door and leaves. He doesn't even knock or ring the door bell as my security camera system shows. The UPS guy is on a speed run in my HOA neighborhood.

I assume they shut the truck down whenever there is risk that someone might carjack it.

The USPS (postal service) doesn't idle the mail truck because all neighborhoods got converted to those mail kiosk stations. Even houses that had individual mail delivery to those mailbox on a post things stopped. It's because of mail theft. Certainly, the post office saves a lot by just delivering mail to a big bunch of metal kiosks, but houses resisted because they prized their individual mail delivery.

But in the past 20 years, mail theft zoomed up as the number of criminals per capita increased in our area. It's too easy for dindu kids on bicycles to ride by and check all the boxes for stuff worth stealing including identity info. That type of crime drove everyone to use the much higher security metal kiosks.
>>
I usually turn off the engine after 2 minutes waiting.
>>
>>17797449
>turning the car on and off or letting it idle?
You should have noticed by now if your car has an idle function or not. After XX seconds, the computer will slow the idle down even more. My car drops down to almost 300 RPM after like 15 seconds of idling. And it's also not at the same "power" of normal idling either. The engine sounds a lot quieter as the idle seems to also have a lot less gas fed into the cylinders.
>>
>>17798111
Not everyone drives a fucking Mercedes dude
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.