[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cross Country First Timer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.axd.jpg (309KB, 1886x1090px) Image search: [Google]
image.axd.jpg
309KB, 1886x1090px
Im going to drive from Atlanta to Los Angeles the day after tomorrow. I've never done cross country driving by myself before, so this'd be my first time.Longest straight driving I've done was like 3 hours, but then it was a pure night trip.

Mean of transportation is 2013 Toyota Rav4 - 45K miles, oil changed and check out less than 500 miles ago. Water is gonna be Costco, food is whatever along the way.

I'll be taking the I40 since the I10 is pretty much crapped by flood. Wanted to check in with raltives in Houston, but that's not possible now. Estimate is 33 hours, factor in all the breaks Im thinking at least 3 nights.

That said anymore actual, practical tips, warnings, suggestions, etc before I go?? So far proper tire inflation, tow number handy, break every 2 hours, music. Motel or sleep in the car, and park where?
>>
Come on, tell me some shit that could have been easily prevented from your experience.
>>
>>17796160
Don't over exert yourself and end up passing out and getting decapitated by slamming into a semi OP.
>>
>>17796160
>buying a crossover
kys
>>
The I 40 is beautiful
I drove from fresno to Montgomery Alabama with my friend and his brother for the 4th of july
Got away with changing the oil once we got back to cali, the only thi mg that happened was we blew a rear tire, but we put the spare on, up and running in about 15 mins

I love long distance driving, i personally just have a hard time staying awake
>>
You can always park in Walmart parking lots and sleep there if you want to Ave money, it's relatively safe. Personally I'd grab a couple of energy drinks for the road just in case you have long stretches in the middle of nowhere and start to get sleepy. Pay attention to road signage specifically ones like "next rest stop/gas station X amount of miles away."
>>
>>17796405
Also, did the journey in an 07 rav4 sport
>>
>>17796160
If you have never tried the jack in your car, do it before you hit the road. If it doesn't work worth a fuck on a level driveway in good conditions, it's not going to do you any good on the side of an uneven road in a thunderstorm.
>>
>>17796405
Just got back,

How likely is it to blow a tire or run into nail on this route or just luck?

Drove to DC from ATL last year, w/ another driver, and it went ok. Arguably, the 285 is probably more traveled than the I40 so should be worse in term of debris, but maybe we were just lucky or something.

>>17796329
Im not in a rush, so I'll try to enjoy the jouney as the saying goes. My concern is actually congestion and falling asleep from bumper to bumper bullshit instead.

>>17796431
I'll give it a wack right now
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.