[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he only uses one foot to operate the pedals despite owning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1503904732929.jpg (36KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
1503904732929.jpg
36KB, 400x460px
>he only uses one foot to operate the pedals despite owning an (semi/)automatic with only 2 pedals
>>
Unless you're on a racetrack, there is literally no reason to left foot brake. It's discouraged for normies so they're less likely to confuse the pedals.
>>
Left foot braking anywhere outside of a racetrack in an auto is kinda dumb. Manual it can make sense, engine braking, but not auto.
>>
> about to crash
> slam foot down in reflex
> hit has gas and brake at same time
Even on the track is s meme
>>
>not left foot braking for hektik stoplight launches
>>
File: costanza gary.png (344KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
costanza gary.png
344KB, 890x890px
>>17795739
>not neutral dropping it
>>
File: 1503965629840.jpg (120KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503965629840.jpg
120KB, 720x960px
>>17795721
>no reason

quicker reactions. if you're on the throttle and you need to brake suddenly there's a lag between getting off the accelerator and getting on the brake.
>>
>>17795776
I'm already used to that motion of moving my right foot over though, mixing up the pedals is much more likely and worse than the benefit of saving .05 of a second.
>>
>>17795776
>brakes hard
>foot applies more pressure to gas
>needs to brake even harder
>...
>>
I have a friend who was actually taught to drive with using one foot on the accelerator and one on the brake. She kept driving like that until she had her first lesson with a driving instructor.
>>
>>17795776
yep, you're retarded.
>>
>>17795712
My dad has to left foot break as it is less painful to leg /back
>>
I don't have an autotranny, but it seems so simple.

>2 pedals
>2 feet
add 2 and 2 and get 2 contact points.

Not using both feet would be like saying you should only use one hand on the steering wheel.
>>
>>17796336
how anon? if you rest both feet on both pedals and you just modulate each foot's pressure applied.

>>17797405
this, exactly. it seems as though manual drivers just drove the same way with auto and that way of driving has just stuck.
>>
>>17795770
can yuo neutral drop in manual?
>>
>>17797576
Yes. Just rev it in neutral and force the stick into first gear. Works every time. It's actually a hidden trick to lock the diff and get that sweet
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.