[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy this car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 00E0E_7Jnw9eqOAbB_600x450.jpg (51KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00E0E_7Jnw9eqOAbB_600x450.jpg
51KB, 600x450px
Hi, I'm a college student with very little money so I've been looking into the used vehicle market. Since this would be my first car purchase and I'm not very car savvy, I thought coming here and hearing multiple opinions could help me greatly.

A few days ago on CraigsList I found a 2007 Ford Fusion SEL with 127k miles. The asking price is $2000 and the engine/tranny configuration is the inline 4-cylinder 2.3L engine with the 5-speed manual. The car seems to have been taken care of.

>You can look at pictures of it here: http://imgur.com/onJRcQn

I've spoken to the seller of the vehicle and gotten the VIN. After adding the car to my garage on CarFax to see the available reports, I see that the car failed emissions but passed afterwards. First time this happened was when the car had 65k miles, passed emissions till it had 124k when it failed again and then passed a couple of hundred miles later. I'm assuming this got fixed. Seller says they did not know about the issue since they bought the car for somebody else but they bailed. I think its sketchy.

Would you guys even bother to look at it? Are these cars reliable or should I aim for maybe something a little older but reliable like a Civic or a Corolla?
>>
More pictures here:
http://imgur.com/a/ndw2S
>>
>>17793965
It's just a Fusion. Keep looking around. You can always bookmark it and come back later if you want it - I doubt it'd be gone after you look around some more.
>>
>>17793965
I'd give it a look. Ask a local mechanic if he will look at the car for you, ask how much he'll charge ($30 may seem like a ripoff just to look at a car but think about how much that $30 may save your ass later down the road), and do that
>>
File: xterra.jpg (653KB, 1024x675px) Image search: [Google]
xterra.jpg
653KB, 1024x675px
What's your budget? I recommend a first-gen Nissan Xterra, better to have the practicality of an SUV and not need it than need it and not have it.

These are extremely cheap to own as well, very bulletproof.
>>
what are you going to be using it for?
>>
>>17794019
My budget right now is very tight, $2000 max. I could stretch it to $2500 if I work extra hours but then again this would take an entire month since I've got lots of bills. But thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into that.
>>
>>17794024
Mostly near by driving and commuting (~30mi daily).
>>
>>17794008
I'll do that, thanks :D
>>
>>17794031
then get a bike lol.
cheaper in every way.
>>
>>17794036
It's an option lol but I'd prefer a car. I live up north so for winter driving I don't think a bike would hold up as good, or my safety
>>
>>17794014
Yes, I've had that in mind. I'd rather spend $30 and get professional advice from someone who knows and not spend all my savings on something that won't last
>>
>>17794019
I have an 03 xterra 3.3l and had it for 10 months with no problems. I like mine so far but it has no power and it's a gas guzzler and I wish the interior was higher quality
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.