[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car recommendations pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: FDV629579_DSC_9218.jpg (79KB, 630x421px) Image search: [Google]
FDV629579_DSC_9218.jpg
79KB, 630x421px
Sup,
I am about to buy a new car ( 2 000 € max.), currently living in the czech republic (central europe). I've been looking for a while but I can't decide.
Winters here are quite harsh and the surface isn't the best either, so any Italian cars (Fiats,..) are not quite an option here.
Any recommendations welcome.
(Used to have fiat stilo 1.9 JTD, but shit broke.)
Pic hopefully unrelated
>>
File: lada 1200 combi.jpg (75KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
lada 1200 combi.jpg
75KB, 736x460px
Get a Lada, it's a great winter car.

And an even better car If you can find an old one with a manual choke.
>>
>>17791166

Fabia mk1 1.4 16v dohc 74kW.

Bonus video, Wartburg exhaust sound:

https://youtu.be/y2jEgSU4h8c
>>
File: 133342_k1.jpg (49KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
133342_k1.jpg
49KB, 618x412px
>>17791166
You already know the answer, it's deep in your heart.
You know your financial situation. You know that times like this you need something that will be there for you, when everything else leaves.

These are the times you need to grind your teeth together, so in the near future you'll be in a better position.

TL;DR buy an old swift.
cheap parts, great reliability, nice km/l.
Buy one for 1000€, and try to save money for ~year, so you'll be able to buy some nicer.
>>
>>17791166
If you want something to cope with the winter perhaps a Suzuki Jimny or Liana with 4x4. Either way I'd way buy some Japanese econobox.
There is this myth in Eastern Europe that Japanese cars are exotic, parts are expensive and hard to find and so on, but it's not the 90s anymore.
Or a Skoda Fabia, surely you can find one in a decent enough condition in Czechia of all places.
>>
>>17791731
>Suzuki Jimny

You have no idea how expensive those are.

As for parts for Japanese vehicles yes, they're still very expensive and hard to obtain. Having old Japanese car in Europe is nightmare.

Most new Suzukis are not that bad since they're not really made in Japan but in Hungary.
>>
>>17791753
How expensive can it be? The cheaper ones start at 1500 euros here, and the Liana 4x4 is also around that price.
>>
>>17791166
>Pic hopefully unrelated
Why son. Warts are really cool.
You can never go wrong with a Volk. So depending on what you're looking for, you can settle for a Bora, Vento or Passat (Golf 4 is boring, but can work). You can also go for a Skoda, since you're czech, I don't think you'll have much of a problem finding those. There is also Seat, but you'll pretty much get the same thing.

Dacia might be another answer. First gen Logans are dull and boring, but I'm fairly sure you can find a cheap one and it will be a reliable companion. You might also look for Peugeots or Twingos.

Last, but not least, Opel. They're affordable, cheap to maintain and fairly comfy. I drive an Opel myself.

By the way, was considering getting a Stilo, what's your experience with it, czechbro?
>>
>>17791866
>Last, but not least, Opel. They're affordable, cheap to maintain and fairly comfy. I drive an Opel myself.
And they rust like almost nothing else, if his country uses salt on the roads in winter it will rot a poor Opel in no time.
>>
>>17791166
first gen twingo.
>>
>>17791880
My country uses salt on roads during winter and I have not had any rust problems with my Corsa so far.
Granted, my dad's Vectra did rust like shit.
>>
>>17791895
They eventually started using better anti-corrosion coating but I still wouldn't trust a 90s/early 00s Opel.
>>
>>17791902
Mine's a 2001 Corsa C. No problems with the body whatsoever. Only problems I had with it since I bought it was with the computer (car didn't recognise when I took the key out of the ignition and continued to play the alarm, remote locking didn't work either, but it was solved rather quick).
>>
File: 1495743473039.png (227KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495743473039.png
227KB, 450x300px
Ford Focus / Fiesta
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.