[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So been dying to get a project car and have been looking at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (354KB, 1600x977px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
354KB, 1600x977px
So been dying to get a project car and have been looking at some salvaged Bugeye WRXs. Really familiar with repairs and what not, as all my previous rides, I have repaired myself (engine swaps, tranny swaps, clutch jobs).

I am just looking to minimize costs. I generally know what to look for listing wise on copart.com for good salvage cars (looking for minor damage that isn't too difficult to repair, avoiding all frame damage) I'm not too terribly familiar with Subbies though. What should I look out for when I check out any of these Bugeye WRXs?
>>
also, pic not related
>>
>buying a salvage wrx

Don't, if the damage was bad enough for the owner to handle you probably wont be able to either
>>
>>17790704
yeah don't buy one they are trash even when they are bone stock so buying one that is salvaged is not a good idea.
>>
>>17790725
>>17790731

There are tons of cases where a salvage car ends up being called a total loss by the insurance but doesn't mean the car doesn't work. I wasn't asking for advice whether or not to do a salvage. I not too familiar with the Subies and I just want some things to look out for. Known issues and what not. Cars listed with Hail, Mechanical, Vandalism, or dents/scratches are generally still working. Insurance marks them as a total loss in these case regardless if the car is still working.

I really like the bugeye design so I'm sticking with it, I just want to have an idea of what things I should look for.
>>
>>17790809
>I not too familiar with the Subies and I just want some things to look out for.

I would make sure you know nearly everything about a car you're attempt to start on the hardest point from.

Why not pick something you're familiar with if you wanna do that.
>>
>>17790872

I totally agree with you, yeah I should probably go for something I'm familiar with but, I've kinda fallen in love with the Bugeye WRX and I don't mind dumping time and money into it.

I don't mind a learning, its the reason I want a project car.
>>
>>17790872
I don't think it's unreasonable to just do something for the hell of it.
>>
Picked up a hail damaged WRX for about 2k. 75k miles and otherwise pristine but looks like a golf ball and the scoop was destroyed. Not all buyback cars are awful.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.