[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the perfect first car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 2017_Toyota_86_014.jpg (150KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
2017_Toyota_86_014.jpg
150KB, 1200x800px
> Not too much power, wont need to worry about speeding tickets or reckless accidents.
> More experienced drivers on the road will be able to identify you as a novice, and drive safely around your car.
> Toyota reliability your parents will approve of
> Small, RWD - good training wheels for a more adult car. Small size and lack of passenger space will minimize damage to others in the event of careless driving.
>>
>smacking a pole trying to be some video game character
>priceless

You should probably look up the insurance rates first. Around here lots of kids get them as graduation presents.
>>
>>17789202
A lack of power never stopped me from getting caught speeding

No one buys this car because they think they're a novice, and no one looks at them like they are

It's a re-badged Subaru

Every young 86/BRZ owner I've met brags about drifting it, 4 have crashed
>>
File: scarygoround.png (26KB, 735x500px) Image search: [Google]
scarygoround.png
26KB, 735x500px
I approve of this bait.
>>
>>17789202
Maybe one of the sub 15k used ones would be ok. Your best bet is to get some 3-5k beater that will serve as a winter car after you buy an enjoyable car down the road. For example
>buy civic for 3k
>learn to be a better driver.
>buy some rwd sports car
>civic becomes commuter car or winter beater
This is a solid plan for most car enthusiasts learning to drive.
>>
>>17789202
These are literally the exact reasons I bought this car. I wanted a decent DD that I could take to the track and learn my racecraft on.
>>
>>17789202
Is this like the pasta from /dbt/ that states that the gs500 is the perfect beginner bike because no power and shitty everything make you a better rider?
>>
>>17789259
This is 100% the way to go

Coming from someone who drove a srt4 neon year round and then I realized I hated it
>>
>>17789202
Yes, but keep the stability control on (except when autocrossing, which is the best way to learn) and assume that you screwed up every time the light goes on. Same goes for the Miata - check insurance rates between the two. Some companies set wildly different premiums based on a particular model's history, but some don't. There are a lot of old Miata drivers keeping rates low and it probably beats the 86 on reliability. Only issue is noise and no rear seat at all.

The advantage to these cars is that they feel like they're going fairly quickly at the speed limit, while a V6 midsized sedan is usually tuned to feel like it's wafting along and you don't realize you're doing 80. Will that keep you from getting tickets? No, because you'll still want more. I hit 110 mph in my 82hp, 4-speed MT Tercel with the help of a tailwind. But it's harder to accidentally speed.
>>
>>17789561
>second paragraph

This. I drive a 59hp 3cyl car, dropping a gear and flooring it feels fast even if I only end up doing 50mph by the end of it. Great fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 500x315px
>>17789202
>first car
>costs 15k second hand
Hmmmm
Get a Celica
>>
God machine
>its even in /o/'s 4cc team
>>
>>17789202
It's the perfect second car, after owning a 3k civic for a few years.
>>
>>17789202
>> Not too much power, wont need to worry about speeding tickets or reckless accidents.
Bait

Implying you can't speed with other vehicles with less power
>>
>>17789202
I like the Toyobaru, but it is nowhere near the "perfect first car." The perfect first car is a beater that you can actually learn to drive on.
>>
>>17789202
8th gen 2007ish civic si
>>
File: y.jpg (28KB, 330x220px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
28KB, 330x220px
>>17789202
Why do they do that?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.