[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honda B series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1776.jpg (215KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1776.jpg
215KB, 960x960px
Hi /o/,
I'm a bit on the fence about what engine to put into my Honda Civic ED.

My intentions with the car is to daily drive it and possibly track it once a year.

My builder has given me two options with very different prices, they both come with a S80 LSD gearbox.
(Labor is mates rates of $1k on both options)
The options are;

~ $3800 for a Full Unopened B18CR JDM with low K's.

Or

~ $4700 for a B18c2 build block (11:5:1 piston, head gasket, arp studs, machine work, bore hone) with b18cr head, pretty much brand new engine.

Now my dilemma is that, is the price worth it with that compression ratio?
Or should I stick with the unopened Type R engine?

Money isn't the real issue,
it's just I want to also buy a Datsun as well as a project on the side.

Any actual input would be great.
Thanks in Advance /o/.

>In b4 Lawnmower
>In b4 Rice
>In b4 hondafag
>In b4 Gay
>In b4 Slow
>In b4 piece of shit.
>>
I can guarantee you that only your builder will give you a real answer, not /o/
>>
>>17785825
if anything post in honda general, but /o/ has few experts on the topic of engines
>>
>>17785825

An extra grand for all that work sounds pretty good desu
>>
File: 20170812_125018.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170812_125018.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
stock type r engine will be more than plenty for the ef/ed chassis

alternatively look into the dohc zc, will bolt up to your d series trans, mounts, linkages, and axles

keep in mind that whichever swap you do will require more than just the engine, you will need axles, mounts, linkages, ecu, wiring and radiator. it would also be wise to upgrade the suspension and brakes
>>
B18CR, put the rest into really rad suspension, wheels, tires, brakes. You'll always have more fun going around corners than straight line speed with Honda.
>>
>>17785825
imo i would get the b18cr and save some money to further upgrade the car

I think it would be a better daily drive vs the built engine.

of course the built engine would be cool as well, but you may run into problems sooner with the higher compression and built parts
(you also may not im no honda expert)

>>17786045
This is the best answer
>>
I thought the jdm one was just called the B18C
>>
>>17785825
keep it stock faggot. restore it
>>
You don't want a motor someone else has been in if they have anything less than an absolutely stellar reputation. At least 10 hacks for every good builder.
>>
>>17788797
>stock usdm ed

the point is to swap it to a jdm configuration
>>
File: 1488388298898.jpg (63KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1488388298898.jpg
63KB, 778x512px
>>17785825

kswap
>>
OP here,
Thanks for your input /o/.
The car already has a stock Lsvtec b16a/b18b w/ PS and AC, so it'll be a basic drop in fortunately.

The compression differences on these options are;
- B18CR stock pistons= 11:1
- B18C2 aftermarket pistons = 11:5:2

I'm leaning towards the Unopened B18CR at the moment, so I can put my money elsewhere.
>>
File: IMG_1894.jpg (175KB, 1624x1008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1894.jpg
175KB, 1624x1008px
>>17789029
If only I had that much money.
Also Ps and Ac is a bit thing for me, being in Aus QLD.
>>
jfc OP

either go lsvtec or b20vtec

b16 pistons and youre done
>>
upgrade it, 1200$ doesn't sound much for an engine that'll be new and healthy
also upgrade brakes, suspensions tires and chassis rigidity
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.