[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New wave of EVs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2016_e-golf_5253-750x500.jpg (129KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
2016_e-golf_5253-750x500.jpg
129KB, 750x500px
In the next year and a half we're gonna see a lot of developments in the EV world. New ~180 ish mile range leafs and e-golfs, the TM3 starts rolling out, Bolt might get a refresh, etc.

Not to mention, with every new EV sold there is a potential used EV for sale in the future.

Are you going to consider an EV for your next car purchase?
>>
HAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Not a chance
>>
>>17784605
why not
>>
>>17784596
No because I want something with 8 or 12 cylinders instead of 4.

I do think EVs are cool, but I'd still like to see a breakdown for how many miles one would have to drive to offset the costs of producing the vehicle on a per car basis, as well as some more clean energy to generate power for them.
>>
>>17784596
No
Also VW is desperate for sales so they try out any meme to make people buy their shitheaps
>>
>>17784596
> with every new EV sold there is a potential used EV for sale in the future.

Hah good luck with that. People are under the impression that EV's are magical and require no maintenance. So enjoy your clapped out shitbox with a bad battery. Would you buy a used laptop or cell phone? No. Because it's going to feel old and the battery will be fucked.

Most EV's will be be used for 5 years max and shredded. Real "green" alright.

When they make a truck that doesn't look like a futuristic fuck pod that gets 500 miles on a 5 minute charge I'll be all over that. Until then it's just a joke technology.
>>
>>17784625
>memes: the post
hmm, if only there were 5+ year old EVs we could look at... no, that would make too much sense....

you battery deniers are the worst
>>
EV no. Hybrid yes.
Shouldn't be too long until the F1 tech starts to trickle down, like it has to an extent with the La Ferrari, 919 and the P1. Imagine the sports cars coming out today, but with some battery power/torque supplementing an already decent engine.

In terms of every day appliance cars...hybrid makes more sense until battery tech is significantly better. I'm thinking of the kind of setup where the engine is more or less a generator for the electric motor
>>
ice till i die nigga
>>
No, because I can't afford a new car easily, and buying EVs used seems like a bad deal considering battery degradation.
>>
>>17784596
>~180 ish mile range
Still.
Not.
Enough.

>Are you going to consider an EV for your next car purchase?
>300 mile range, <15 minute charge time from empty, energy costs less than a fuel tank, still as good as new when three years old.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.