[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealership Adventure of Pain. First and hopefully last.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Just bought my first new car, I expected to deal with dealership bullshit but holy fuck my head hurts after this.

Preface: VW is fucking floundering in the North American market, diesel-gate and the VW unreliable meme has crescendoed into a shitstorm of unsold 2017 Golf GTI's. After a friend got a 2016 autobahn (loaded) I ended up loving the car. Luckily for 2017 VW added the Sport trim, which has all the features I wanted from my friends car within my budget (Autobahn was $37,000 out the door)

The Car and price:

2017 Golf GTI Sport w/ DSG (16miles on the odometer)

Going off of TrueCar pricing in my local area, it worked out to 26,000 out the door and 0.9% financing (excellent credit score ftw) That was my goal, since the truecar price had continually dropped the entire month (~$700usd drop in average) I figured what meat that was left on the bone had been long knawed off, and I would be lucky to get the 'TrueCar' price.

The Deal:

Get inside, ended up with salesman I spoke with a couple weeks prior. Drop the 'TrueCar' numbers on them, have to register with truecar on my phone before we could start negotiation. Long story short, on fighting over the price I 'walked' once, then got the price we were looking for. Tons of back and forth walking to the sales office for the sales guy, plenty of waiting for my father and I.

continued.
>>
Acting like a smug asshole insulting the brand of car you want to buy then waving around prices you got off of random number generators like KBB and TrueCar won't get you very far.
>>
The Finance:

They wanted to make back their money here, being complete cunts throwing a 3.99% APR at me when my credit score is in the 800s. This was the real fight, my father told me for every 1% of APR they stack on, they get a big kickback. So here it was serious back and forth between the sales guy and sales manager, this took fucking forever. They got it down to 1.9% but 60 months, I cant afford that shit. Politely declined and walked out with my father and didn't plan to return (Civic Si is alternate choice.) Almost get to my Dad's truck and suddenly our sales guy comes out the dealership in a hurry saying "Sorry Guys,! He (finance manager) didn't tell you the right numbers!" (MAXIMUM bullshit) More like I made it clear I'm as sold on the Civic Si as I am the GTI, so that's a real sale walking away.

They settled on:
27,000 Out the door (tax, tags, everything)
1.9% APR for 72months
$9500 USD + $500 USD VW bonus = 10k USD down
$257 USD a month.
No add on warranty bullshit or "Protect your Paint!/Rims!" crap. Car Insurance was fucking cheap, 60 a month (31yr clean record.)

The closer sales guy was cool, and was impressed I pushed them down so much. I wasn't really thinking he was actually impressed and I guess he saw that, so he pulled out a form that's for the dealership only to keep track of per car profit or loss. My car had "($1045)" on the form, meaning the dealership took a $1045 USD loss to get the car off the lot. I don't think its feel good bullshit, because the dealer literally had 45 2017 Golf GTI's on the lot, whole rows of unsold cars. Its so bad VW is actually delaying 2018 GTI build dates.

This whole process took 5 HOURS, and I stood up to leave 3 times before they got it right.

Car is fucking awesome btw.
>>
>>17780230

No smug here, just had to be firm about what numbers I wanted. Didn't talk shit about the brand or anything like that.
>>
Enjoy the car anon, '16 6 speed autobahn pp reporting in aka god tier gti
yes the performance pack is worth it
>>
File: 1402475018379.gif (978KB, 430x228px) Image search: [Google]
1402475018379.gif
978KB, 430x228px
>>17780245
>1.9% but 60 months, I cant afford that shit
>They settled on:
>1.9% APR for 72months
>was impressed I pushed them down so much
>>
Sounds like an unpleasant experience. I had a good one when I got my car, so it may vary from place to place.
Enjoy the car!
>>
>>17780268

No matter the dealership experience, I got the price and financing I wanted in the end. Just had to work for it.

Modern era cars are really next level. Coming from a near 300k mile 240sx, it's quite the improvement.

240sx is mothballed at the moment, will V8 after new employment.
>>
Had to wait about 4 hours for my most recent car but it was almost entirely waiting for the bank to approve the financing because it was after business hours wherever the bank was.
>>
Wouldn't it be great if you could just buy a car from the manufacturer or a retailer?
>>
>>17780292

More than likely this will be my only new Gas powered car. 2023 (end of loan term) I expect some sweet Tesla's or Tesla competitors from traditional manufactures.
>>
>>17780295
I don't imagine it will stop driving enthusiasts from being a thing, but the age of electric cars will really kill the car enthusiast hobby. By 2050 there will be nothing we could possibly work on, and it will be a hell of a lot more expensive to be a petrolhead even a few decades before then.
I will buy a new petrol car in the early 2030s and keep it in pristine condition for as long as possible so I will have something ICE for the rest of my life time.
Goddamnit I'm sad now.
>>
>>17780304
Don't be sad anon, all the daily driver corollas and civics of the world will be electric, but people will have their weekend notable ICE powered cars for weekend fun. I'm keeping my 240sx for that reason.
>>
>>17780349
I have a 350z daily driver now.
Maybe I should buy a sad, conforming electric DD in a few years and use the Z as a fun time weekend car.
Even though it's regarded as pretty meh now because of how common it is, in 20 years they will all be pretty much gone, so maybe keeping it as an artifact is a good idea.
(Although it's a convertible so it will still probably be regarded as a piece of shit by then)
>>
File: 2565651164_70810fa8cf_z.jpg (111KB, 493x640px) Image search: [Google]
2565651164_70810fa8cf_z.jpg
111KB, 493x640px
Waddafuggageh how doo yoo peep0lz not know how to do this?

Collect e-mails of all the dealers in your nearest 15-20 states. Mass e-mail them together, ask for lowest OTD price. Bounce replies off each other, spam the shit outta them, fuck dealers they spam us enough so spam them with constant reminders of how they're not getting your biz-in-ass.

Got 25% off a brand new Lexacunt GS350 AWD this way, then about 27% off a new Toyocunt too.

I'm not even a "tough negosturbator". If you're slick and persistent there's no way you can lose this way.

Walking into 1 dealer is a sure way to NOT get a good deal, cuz they know they got u alrdy. You have to make them cum-pee't with each other.
>>
>>17780393

Get the fuck out of my thread, come back with English.
>>
>>17780226

Congrats bro, I've actually been looking at hatchbacks for my next car and the GTI sport is sitting on the short list atm.
>>
>>17780245
>1.9% APR for 72months
VW does 0% for 60 months through VW Financial Services.
>>
>>17780226
>buying an automatic gti
kys.
>>
>>17781449
6-speed dual clutch > 5-speed manual
>>
>>17781458
In what world does a 2017 gti have a 5-speed manual? It's a 6-speed now. You're a dumbass. Enjoy your buyer's remorse.
>>
>>17780292
Saturn did something like that I think. It was like a retail store. You walked in, paid the tagged price, and walked out with a car.
>>
>>17780226
>>17780245
Next time save yourself the hassle and negotiate the price over email before ever even walking in the door and let them know they're competing with other dealers in the area for your business.
>>
>>17780226
>>17780245
>>17781458
>All of this hassle for an automatic
What a waste of my time reading all of that shit
>>
>>17780413
He actually just taught you how not to be a retard when purchasing your next car.
>>
>>17780254
The average /o/ poster doesn't understand interest.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.