[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uh yeah so I did an oil change on my Boxster and finally got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170826_135554.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170826_135554.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Uh yeah so I did an oil change on my Boxster and finally got around to emptying the catch pan.

Which level of fucked am I?
>not at all, put it back on next oil change
>your gonna have to do another oil change now (could I just pour the same oil right back in because its new?)
>its totally fucking fucked
I've been commuting with it and also driving it at full temp/high revs without seeing any leaks so I'm hoping for options one or two, if any of you know what you're talking about please help me.
>>
>>17778494
what is that round thing? maybe the drain plug gasket?
>>
>>17778506
I think so
>>
>>17778494
That doesn't look like much oil, so I presume you've been driving low for a while.First I would look for somewhere it could have leaked from. Then I would fill it up, start car, check for leaks, watch oil pressure. Check coolant so see if oil is in it, then after running see if your new oil gets coolant in it. If everything seems ok(fluids maintaining correct level, not intermixing, engine running ok, oil pressure ok, not overheating), I would drive it and assume that I have probably caused a shitload of wear to my engine in a small amount of time. I would also be paranoid as fuck.
>>
>>17778596
I had already emptied most of the oil from the pan when I took the picture. All told there was about 8.5-9 quarts
>>
I don't see whats going on in this pic, is it a mystery washer? Did you drop the plug's washer in there?
>>
if it's not leaking a lot of oil and the drain plug is tight you got nothing to worry about, just replace it next oil change.

if you're stupid worried about it. clean out the catch, pull the plug and put it back on, then put the oil back in, i've done it before
>>
>>17778654
Oh, I don't see a problem then.
>>
>>17778494
>Boxster
>>
i don't see anything wrong anon

what's wrong?

and are you the guy with the boxster with like 200k kilometers
>>
>>17778494
use a shop vac and put the tube in where the oil fill cap is and create a suction on the crank case, that way you can remove the drain plug without losing any oil and reinstall.
>>
How much is a drain plug washer?
>Less than a buck
Change it every time.

With that being said my last car never had a drain plug washer the first time I changed the oil so I didn't use one. Never leaked a drop of oil.

Keep an eye on it when you park

Its not like all of the oil is going to come out, but if you notice weeping oil around the plug or drops of oil on the ground it might be a good idea to drain the oil and put a new washer on.
>>
File: oil-change-bundle-configurable.jpg (54KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
oil-change-bundle-configurable.jpg
54KB, 700x700px
>>17778494
listen to this guy
>>17778700

I would also recommend getting this if you plan on keeping your car for more than a few years, it'll save you money by the 3rd year
https://lnengineering.com/oil-change-bundle-configurable.html

>>17779946
Nah he's not me. Seems he just forgot to put on a new crush washer
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.