[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radio head unit replacement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: theshitbox.jpg (265KB, 2176x1224px) Image search: [Google]
theshitbox.jpg
265KB, 2176x1224px
Hey /o/, /k/ here. I almost never browse this board but 4chan is usually my go to for dumbed down advice (sadly).
I'm trying to replace the radio in my shitbox 1990 buick lesabre but every tutorial I find on the internet uses big fancy words I dont understand because I'm retarded with cars.
Can anyone link me to a very rudimentary explanation on how to replace a car radio? Or give me step by step advice on this so I dont fuck my car up?
>>
>>17778347
Take to shop dummy, you don't know what the HECK you are doing
>>
Your car makes me hard. I'll buy it off you.
>>
>>17778367
I'm a poorfag, I was lucky enough to score a new radio for free
>>
>>17778373
I'd honestly like nothing more than to sell it, but that would be too good to be true
>>
>>17778379
Where do you live? How many miles does it have? What problems does it have? What model year is it?
>>
>>17778384
I live in Southern california
>About 78,000 miles
The bad
>Driver side window falls down and wont roll up, no AC, no heat, no radio, disconnected rear speakers, shabby interior, front passenger seatbelt buckle is broken, needs new suspension
the good
>solid engine, okay paint, good brakes, low miles for its age
Model year is 1990
>>
>>17778428
I live in central Indiana, bud. Afraid you're a bit out of my buying region. How much would you look to get out of it?
>>
>>17778440
Honestly the main reason I havent sold it is partly sentimental and because it's not worth much.
Best I could hope for realistically is 1,200 and thats only if I find a gullible cholo first.
>>
>>17778449
If I wasn't 2,000 miles away I'd certainly be interested in it. I love the style of late 80s American cars with a passion.
>>
>>17778463
I'll agree with you there, the car has some style. I've gotten more compliments from this than any other car I've driven.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (723KB, 2562x1755px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
723KB, 2562x1755px
>>17778473
Got any more pics? Here's my daily.
>>
>>17778482
Nope, at my kid brothers birthday party. Got more pictures of guns than I do my car
>>
File: crutchfield master sheet.jpg (196KB, 1159x896px) Image search: [Google]
crutchfield master sheet.jpg
196KB, 1159x896px
Buy your new radio from Crutchfield. They will give you all of the necessary harness adapters and fit kits to make it easy. Plus, they will give you a "Master Sheet" that will show you step by step, screw by screw, bolt by bolt, what you need to do to replace your radio the correct way.

Even though Crutchfield's prices may be $10 more than another store, the goodies that the give you for free, plus those Master Sheets, more than make up for the little bit extra you're going to pay going through them.
>>
>>17778557
Judging by the fact that it's an old GM, I'd say that the face plate snaps off and on, which means it's likely you're gonna break some of the snaps when replacing the radio. It's just the nature of the beast.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.