[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

upshiting past redline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1482607644879.jpg (63KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1482607644879.jpg
63KB, 800x533px
What happens if you upshift 1000rpm passed redline?
>>
>>17775852
Fuel cut-off kicks in to prevent detonation
>>
>>17775852
Depends on the car
Most likely your wheels lock up
>>
>>17775852
Also you should post stuff like this in here >>17769740
>>
>>17775856
Why would your wheels lock up on an upshift? Am I missing something?
>>
>>17775852
Depends. That redline exists for a reason, faggot. Usually you can't pass the redline in first place, rev limiter will stop you from being retarded and fucking yourself in the ass. Let's say you're double retarded and not only have it removed for whatever the fuck the reason is, but actually try to go past. There are different scenarios. Best one is valve float. Valves won't have enough time to close and stay open, making cylinders basically open, extremely reducing the power. OR, you will have a structural failure and destroy your engine because those things are designed to work below the redline. Anything can fail. Consider yourself lucky if you can repair it.
Have an animu version of being retarded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obohciDCPZE

>>17775880
He probably got it the other way around. Engine will try its hardest to not go faster than the limit if you "down"shift to past redline. Strain in the drivetrain will be enormous, one will give up. My fathers coworker was stupid enough to do it, destroyed his gearbox.

Generally, you don't want to enter the redline. Just because you can and it's on the dial, doesn't mean it's safe, no matter what the limiter rpm is. Stay below it, if you accidentally pass, no big deal. If you're consistently above it, your engine won't last long.
>>
File: smile.jpg (125KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
125KB, 1024x683px
>>17775930
Bunta is a good man
>>
>>17775852
Define redline.

Do you mean the rev limiter or the section on the tachometer that is red?
>>
>>17775955
>>17775930

It's all good, I just found out that I have a rev limiter.

The engine is swapped with a more powerful one with higher redline but the previous owner kept the tach.

He told me that he's got a rev limiter on it.

When you hit the rev limiter, not by downshifting of course, does your fuel get cut off?
>>
>>17775967
Fuel or ignition, depends on the engine.
>>
>>17775855

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_CxY9feHdA

You can hear this guy's fuel cut off multiple times since he's granny shifting, not double clutching like he should, etc.
>>
>>17775979
You are so fucking stupid

There is literally no reason to double clutch in a car that has syncros

You hear the fuel cutoff because
1.) he has a 2 step
and
2.) that jza80 revs too quickly for him to shift before the fuel cutoff
>>
how do you upshift past redline? that makes 0 sense.
>>
>>17776212
Goddamn they're so fucking ugly.
>>
>>17775979
>not double clutching like he should
Kill yourself you braindead nigger

>>17776212
>There is literally no reason to double clutch in a car that has syncros
Synchros are there to do their job, but there are rare moments that they also take abuse, but it's very rare. Namely when the shifter doesn't want to move by itself. Normally you should only "guide" the lever, when it doesn't want to move, you sohuld double clutch.
Like, when you are slowing down, want to shift from 5 to 2, if you hold onto clutch from 60 to 20, your gearbox will still spin as if you're going with 60. And shifting into second will need slightly more force than usual to force the synchros do their job, first potentially be impossible without forcing.
Or, coasting in neutral. You should be in 3000 rpm range, but the engine made gearbox spin at 650rpm. When you shift back into gear, synchros must accelerate the gearbox to 5x speed. So it's better to blip the throttle to spin the gearbox first, then engaging clutch. This isn't really double clutching but same principle applies.

But upshifting? That makes you a faggot, or an 80's truck driver. You're much more likely to abuse the clutch/gearbox than the synchros, why the fuck would you double clutch?
>>
>>17775979
>granny shifting
>double clutching
this is a fast and furious and trucker meme
>>
>>17775852
either your wheels will skid or your engine will rotate faster than it should. when your engine rotates faster than it should, there is a risk that either your crank will break or your valves will slam into pistons.
>>
>own car that that can go well past redline
>7200 factory
>some drivers going up to 8500
>anything past that the oilpump implodes creating a new cosmos

Not like there's any power up there, but still nifty.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.