[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autoparts Stores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: adv auto.jpg (11KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
adv auto.jpg
11KB, 270x187px
Have we ever had a decent discussion of autopart stores. Which ones are worth the time to even go in? That being said Advance Auto employee AMA.
>>
>>17775413
O'Reilly's

The shithead manager at autozone has guaranteed I'll never set foot in one of their stores ever again.
>>
>>17775419
My area doesn't even have an o'reilly's, just autozone, napa, and advance.

captcha: bus stope
>>
>>17775413

NAPA and O'Reilly for me

O'Reilly, at least in my area, can get parts to me within the day if they're not in the store, while NAPA can have better prices, and I get a 5% discount because I'm a student.
>>
The employees have been very knowledgeable at every O'Reilly's I've ever been to, so that's where I tend to go.
>>
>>17775446
>NAPA can have better prices, and I get a 5% discount because I'm a student.

Fuck is that true? I'm a college student but no napa near me to speak of, feels bad

>>17775447
>The employees have been very knowledgeable at every O'Reilly's I've ever been to, so that's where I tend to go.
Yep, this has been my experience too. They actually made an effort to help me instead of just pointing me to one of the isles like the literal busriders at autozone
>>
Vatozone
>>
>>17775466
Virgin Autozone vs the Chad O'Reilly's
>>
Oreilly's are usually consistently descent. Napa 2nd, only because theres a huge difference in employee quality between stores. Some are full of master techs, and some are full of mouth breathers.
>>
>>17775489
kek someone needs to make an image like this with their respective uniforms
>>
>>17775413
Do they pay decent? I have always wondered. Do you get raises based on experience and years of service?
>>
File: 1428123352838.png (134KB, 725x715px) Image search: [Google]
1428123352838.png
134KB, 725x715px
They all suck. Buy online or from a wholesaler. Auto parts store are pleb tier. They're for normies to come in and ask to get their OBDII codes read or ask a minimum wage worker how to fix their car. Not to mention how marked-up everything is. I recently bought rotors from a wholesaler through my work and they were less than HALF the price of Autozone and whatnot.
>>
>>17775527
I started with 9.50 but I've only been working here for like 3 months. but I know for a fact you get paid pretty well once you become a Commercial parts pro or running the commercial desk. one of our guys is making 60 k and hes not a general manager. 20% discount on everything from the start as well has saved me a significant chunk of change already.
>>
>>17775413
I worked at Advance Auto Parts from 2013-2015 before enlisting. The store manager and assistant manager stole so much shit and never got caught. At least $20,000 total from what I saw before the GM got fired for missing too much work and the assistant manager moved states. I'm not going comment anything about me.

Easiest job I ever had desu. We worked at the least performing store in a good area in Miami so no one ever came. All I ever did was sit on my phone basically. Best part time college job with free snacks and drinks.
>>17775527
Lol the pay is basically a little bit above minimum wage. You will NEVER get a raise unless you get a promotion.

>>17775447
It's a hit and miss. Some guys don't know shit some guys do.
>>
>>17775555
>All I ever did was sit on my phone basically. Best part time college job with free snacks and drinks.

I'd also like to point out that USE to have a nice TV on the commercial counter with cable to watch TV but that got taken away after a yearly store assessment and someone complain to corporate about it being a distraction.
>>17775547
You'll only make $60k/year as a commercial parts pro if you work at an extremely high volume warehouse and bonus every time. Most make $30-40k before taxes. The store managers for those stores make like $60-70k before bonuses..
>>
>>17775555
quads to confirm, we are one of the busiest stores in the area but there is so much free time its basically chilling out and getting paid, its probably one of the easiest retail jobs you can get, and you get some decent perks, learn something, and get to do the Starter, rotors, and batteries workout. My ass used to be flabby but now i'm squatting and climbing ladders all day.
>>17775563
that guy was asked by corporate to drive practically across state (NJ) to work at our store so he got a big ass raise to make it worth it. No idea why but they did
>>
>>17775578
I worked at big ass warehouse store in Miami man - we had daily sales goal in commercial alone for $15,16 and sometimes 17k.

I transferred to an extremely low volume store on the beach and it was dead as well. Our sales goal was I think $2000-$3000/day? We didn't even have a commercial department. I did learn a lot working there though. The old timers taught me a lot.
Connections lol. Whenever a store needs a new GM, the DM checks to see if anyone in the country wants a transfer to that state & city. If he's good and his store is good, they will pay big bucks.
>>
O'Reilly is my preferred.
We just got an Advance Auto recently - pretty far from where I live and my experience is limited to what I know from a friend that's been there a couple times but I'm eager to check it out
>>
>>17775413
Autozone is closest. I don't like O'Reilly's because of the location.
Autozone's dirty jobs deal where you get the shop towels and the lava soap for 3 bucks ire pretty good.
>>
>>17775419

Did he talk shit about your Miata?
>>
I have found that the small local parts stores are always the best. Guys running them are always the most knowledgeable and can actually help you get what you need. My local one is a "Parts Plus" and can get parts faster than the O'Reilly's across the road most of the time. I live in a small town though so idk how viable a locally owned small store is for others. Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>17775413
Junkyard or rock auto.
>>
>>17775759
I don't drive a miata. If you want the full story here:
>ran out of rim cleaner
>stubborn brake dust on my front wheels so I wanted to try a new rim cleaner
>go to autozone, ask an employee which rim cleaner would work really well for brake dust, he points one out
>go home, start to use it on a wheel and a slight white film forms. Wipe it away, it instantly comes back; oxidation.
>go back the next day, ask for the manager
>explain what happened with said rim cleaner in hand
>explain that I don't need a refund, I just want to exchange it for a rim cleaner that won't oxidize my rims
>he grabs the bottle, looks at it, looks at me "this is water in here bro"
>I respond: "what are you talking about? I just bought this from you guys earlier, it was too harsh for my rims and I need something else.
>no no bro this is water
>okay what the hell are you talking about? How did water oxidize my rims then? How about you open the bottle if you think it's water.
>starts running away from me toward an aisle, tells me "I'm not gonna say anything else, bring me the receipt."
>realize this piece of shit wetback is either trying to stop me from getting a refund or is seriously accusing me of stealing $8 worth of rim cleaner
>come back with the receipt, retarded wetback manager scurries off to the back of the store
>employee takes the receipt and hands me my cash back

Really, he could have just asked me from the beginning to bring the receipt instead of being a retard. I used to buy stuff from there often because it's closer than o'reilly's but between that dumb cunt and the useless 18 year old busrider employees I'll drive the extra 2 miles from now on.
>>
I mostly go to advanced because I know all the guys there, its closest, and they're knowledgeable. Sometimes I go to o reilys because they have more stuff but the people there seem to have parents that were siblings
>>
Pep Boys or the mom and pop speed shop down the street.
>>
File: CV axle.jpg (2KB, 121x121px) Image search: [Google]
CV axle.jpg
2KB, 121x121px
>>17775413
I have this gem from when i went to autozone recently
>Rack and pinion went out on my 340,000 GM pos truck
>at least it has a lifetime warrenty, changed it out before
>lady at the counter looking up the info
>"Are you sure that it is'nt the cv axles that are leaking?"
>What?.jpeg
>"My truck is 2 wheel drive"
>"I know but that could cause the leaking and the heavy steering."
>"It's spraying freaking gallons of power steering fluid from the rack how could it be from a cv axle?"
>"Oh okay then..."
>Couldn't honor the warrenty because they didn't have my "info" in the database.
>>
>>17776333
Obviously she meant the joints that look like cv axles .

At this point you're just as stupid as she is for not understanding the obvious connection here.
>>
>>17776360
I told her from the beginnig that i wanted to change my rack and pinion through warrenty because it was leaking from the seals. I knew what was wrong but she wanted to add her 2 cents so that they don't have to shell out $300 on a new rack through warrenty.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.