[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning stick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: fuck anime.gif (3MB, 300x282px) Image search: [Google]
fuck anime.gif
3MB, 300x282px
So i've been saving up a fund for a new car for a few years now, and I think I want to get a Type R in the near future (assuming I can find one). Only problem is i've been an automaticfag from the time i started driving. Should I just go ahead and get one and then risk abusing the shit out of it while learning how to drive stick correctly, or unironically get a 3k civic, abuse the shit out of that for a while, and then get the car I actually want?

pic not related
>>
manual cars

americans worst enemy
>>
Do you anyone who knows stick?
Anyone at all?
I bet if you asked someone would help
If not post an ad on Craigslist or something
>>
>>17775218

>Do you anyone who knows stick?
I know plenty of people who know stick but they don't drive/own manual cars anymore because america
>If not post an ad on Craigslist or something
Interesting idea but I'm not posting an ad on craigslist asking to play with someones stick
>>
File: 1499056600303s.jpg (6KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1499056600303s.jpg
6KB, 238x192px
>>17775218
>>17775227
guess i have to mention that he forgot "know" in his statement of
>Do you anyone who knows stick?
im not sorry
>>
There's no reason why you should thrash any sort of mass-market consumer vehicle while learning manual, provided you're learning from an authoritative source and not simply by trial and error.

With the right YT vids and some practice in a car park you should be driving serviceably within an afternoon. The right YT vids are not 'I just bought a manual Corvette and this is how you heel-toe', but 'How to pass your driving test' from any Ireland/UK driving instructor.
>>
>>17775227
Well you could always try to test drive or rent a manual.
Assuming they would let you test drive one or even have one to rent

Shit Anon if you come to Oregon I'd teach you

Or if you have the funds for it you could just buy a cheap shitter on Craiglist and trash it like you said

To be honest it doesn't take long to learn and it won't be too hard on the car anyway. I leaned stick in my current car
and it drives fine still.
I just think you would be happier if you already knew how when you got it

>>17775243
I can't into phone posting
>>
Buy what you like and learn on it.
That's what I did with my st and I drive it fairly well now.
>>
>>17775339

This, I learned how to drive stick on the drive home. That was a shitty month, then I figured everything out and managed to teach my wife too.
>>
More torquey cars (without getting too powerful) are easier to learn on because it's harder to stall them. The best thing to teach you how to drive a manual car is actually a low-powered shitbox with very few mechanical or electronic aids. A sub-100hp petrol car will teach you how to use the gearbox to get the most out of your car.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.