[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil consumption test on my car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: drive_WUT.png (377KB, 1469x393px) Image search: [Google]
drive_WUT.png
377KB, 1469x393px
Hey /o/,

I got a oil consumption test on my gear the last time I took it to the dealer ship. Its the first car I ever had and I have had it for about 11 months now. 2008 toyota camry.

Anyway, the dealer ship put the test on and told me to return it after 1100-1300 miles. Right now its nearing the 1300 mile marker for the test. I probably won't be able to get it back into the dealership for like another 100-150 miles.

Is missing that 1300 mile marker going to fuck the test up? I feel like such a idiot for not planning properly. What I am trying to find out is.. just how far over the target mileage for a oil consumption test can I go?

Thanks in advance. Also, having a car finally is pretty exciting. Now after many months of not having to ride the bus, I see just how ass riding the bus was.
>>
Can't answer about the oil, but if that's OC, what item did you buy to get that?
Been wanting to buy one of those jackets for a while, but I didn't want to be an autist.
>>
How is there any other test besides looking at the god damn dipstick

It'll probably burn 5w20 driving hard so use 5w30 or 0w30
>>
File: IMG_20170809_171009.jpg (65KB, 443x704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170809_171009.jpg
65KB, 443x704px
>>17774544
If you miss the marker you'll need to start again.

>>17774874
The dealership puts stickers around various holes to make sure the only way oil leaves the engine is through the tailpipe. They top off the oil, throw the stickers on. Then, after the specified mileage has passed, if one quart of oil isn't enough to bring it back to full, they get a free engine rebuild.
>>
>>17774925

FUck... SO what can I do? I am for sure going to go over the limit by like 50 miles. Is that going to shit all over the test?
>>
File: 20170718_102025.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170718_102025.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>17774925
If you go over mileage the dealer MAY just put slightly less mileage on the RO.
Toyota may also let a few miles go.

>>17775049
The oil consumption test is part of a warranty enhancement for faulty Piston Rings on the 2.4l 2AZ-FE engine that must be under 10 years old from First Time of Use (sold to first owner), or under 150,000 miles.

If your Camry has a 2.5l 2AR-FE engine, is older than 10 years, or over 150k miles you're Shit out of luck.

Also if you do qualify for the ZE7 warranty enhancement, and wish to keep the car for a long time, replace the Valve Seals.
They are not covered, but should cost alot less since the engine is torn down anyways.

T. A Toyota Technican
>>
File: bj jacket.jpg (86KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
bj jacket.jpg
86KB, 1200x627px
>>17774622
If I were you I would look for a jacket that shares the same vein as the drive jacket. Almost no one but Gosling himself looks good in that jacket. Personally I'm heading for pic related.
>>
>>17776136
I was considering getting something that was like his, but not identical. It would need to be a jacket with a specific symbol on it that nobody else is well known for.
That's the trouble with driving to rip off movies, everything about the outfit it tailored to make that actor look good. Fit their body/skin tones, even their haircut is done to perfectly compliment their specific face.
>>
>>17775814
This car is almost 10 years old. How much tolerance will the dealer have for OPs jerk-arounds and rework.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.