[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

car audio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1339356687_by_wrobelw.jpg (53KB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
1339356687_by_wrobelw.jpg
53KB, 580x433px
Anyone's into car audio here? I don't know anything about it and my experience reaches only as far as replacing stock radio and stock speakers (nothing unnecessary, those things had rotten suspension and one was just buzzing instead of making sounds), so my question might sound dumb, but:

How effective are all of those soundproofing mats or other things people stuff behind their doors to make outside car sounds less noisy? Is it really possible to make car significantly quieter, at least on low rpm? Or is the only way to have "good audio" in car is to replace trunk with huge ass subwoofer, and then slap small speakers literally everywhere in the car?

I would rather avoid this brute-force "add more speakers" solution, but i'm really annoyed by the fact that if i want the song to sound even remotely like it sounded in my home system, i have to crank up the volume unreasonably high (and then it's deafening and tiring after a while).
>>
>>17774107
Audio is more than speakers, is about quality amplification. If you can't get an amplifier that is able to crank up the volume without raping the sound, you're just installing a jackhammer in the trunk. Audio isn't just installing a big subwoofer as some people like to think.

You should learn more on how things actually work electrically but I'll give you some advice:
a good setup is: stereo > amplifier > passive low and high pass filtering. You'll need twitters, woofers both medium and medium-low frequency and a subwoofer. All of these cost money, so you should clear up your mind first.

I also wanted to do thing in big because muh audio but then realized it wasn't worth the burden, I just listen to the radio.
>>
>>17774252
Also I'd like to add that audio draws a lot of power, probably you'll need an extra 12v battery to run everything without constantly having the engine running.
>>
>>17774298
A standard 90 amp alternator can handle 600 watts of power no problem. Being that most shitboxes have no more than 4 speakers, powering all 4 at 50-75 watts accompanying a 300 watt sub, power should not be a problem.
>>
>>17774529
Yes, I was talking about the reverse problem, power without the engine running. Although yeah, OP wouldn't probably use his car as dj stand for a whole night, having a flat battery shouldn't be a concern.
>>
Is it fine to use audiophille stereo amplifier and audiophille speaker for car audio?
>>
>>17776454
Probably yes but depends on the fragility on the item itself at the end.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.