[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do all Japanese manufacturers have terrible paint quality? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: He finally hanged out.jpg (129KB, 1076x1634px) Image search: [Google]
He finally hanged out.jpg
129KB, 1076x1634px
do all Japanese manufacturers have terrible paint quality?

I have a 2013 legacy(second owner) and its already having clear coat failure with little spots of cracking clear coat. Plus to meantion all the chipped paint all over the front of the car, and it only has 50k miles on it. I would think this would be natural, but I owned a 06 kia sorento that had around 200k on it when I got rid of it and it had 5 owners and the paint on it was in much better shape besides the scratches
>>
nope, just Subaru
>>
>>17775595
Honda/Acura is pretty fucking bad too, while Toyota/Lexus are IMO consistently the best. Nissan isn't terrible either (can't say that about the rest of their cars though).
>>
>>17775595
My 20 year old Subaru has pretty good paint, people just don't know what wax is
>>
>>17775618
Never had problems with old Hondas. Paint on my 99 Accord was mint without any issues because I caught it low mileage and spray waxed it every week.

The issue is that Honda owners buy a Honda to get something they don't have to maintain so you see old shitters everywhere with garbage paint.
>>
No Honda is Confirmed trash ass paint. My 8th gen has shit paint. Honda even extended the warranty on the 8th gen Civic.
>>
>>17775637
I've seen plenty of newer Civics/Accords (2006-7+ up to 2012ish) with bad paint fade and clearcoat peeling. Even a few TSXs/MDXs.
>>
>>17775630
I wax mine, the paint and clear coat layer is pretty damn thin on my 2017 subaru. It might just be mine though, Rocks at freeway speed will take you down to bare metal, although I guess this is what touch up paint is for.
>>
>>17775769
2014 Mazda3. I have had the same experience. I don't recall any of my previous (older) cars chipping this easily. The 3 is really low though so I'm sure that plays a role; the new MX-5 guys all complain about this and recommend wrapping the nose immediately after purchase.
>>
Every Audi I have ever seen has been covered in orange peel.
>>
I've taken my 2002 Toyota Avalon from Florida to Alaska to Vegas and to Phoenix.

It's staid in the Vegas and Phoenix sun consistently for the past decade now.

>0 paint problems
>0 rust
>0 dash cracks or bubbles

Toyota is retarded good. Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking retard. Look at the #1 used work truck in America. It's a god damn Toyota.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.