[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dealing with shady dealership help pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161216_164209.jpg (392KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161216_164209.jpg
392KB, 1200x1600px
hi /o/, i'm frankly an idiot and i have no idea wtf i'm doing. i need cash really badly to pay bills so i'm trading in my 2012 elantra (~85k miles) for a 2008 tiburon with ~100k miles + $1,000 cash. the dealership has mixed reviews, but they said they'd do that deal after i suggested it. i like the '08 tiburon better than the elantra anyways but i don't know if i'm going to get a "lemon" or whatever. i want that fucking tiburon and the cash, wat do?

pic unrelated i guess
>>
Google Tiburon problems and see if they are already fixed on your car
>>
>>17771946
He probably won't be able to tell looking. Ask if you can take the car to a private mechanic and have it looked at. A shady dealership will say no.

You don't even have to do it after you ask. If they say no don't buy it.
>>
>>17771946
>>17771990

thanks, i'll tread carefully- appreciate the replies.
>>
>>17771939
I find the whOle lemon thing a meme. The only cars I see as true lemons are any CVT transmission jeeps from 06-10 and the CVT Ford 500 and tarays X/free style. I'm sure if the thing is manual or auto you'll be fine. Worst case scenario you have an oil burner. Just make sure you testdrive it play with the rpm and don't buy it if it's a Christmas tree.
>>
>>17772038
>I find the whOle lemon thing a meme
Some states have lemon laws even for used cars. If there is a problem that cannot be fixed after three visits, then it is a lemon in my state. Dealers get around the law by writing up the problem differently each time even if it is blatantly a wrong writeup.

Just be sure to look up your state website for auto purchasing laws to see when you can return a used car purchase within the first day without penalty. Some states have that provision or used to anyways. I have not kept up with the changes since different politicians may make changes to deregulate consumer protection laws.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.